Finally complete! 4.8 install and paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
topstring said:
You'll have to find yourself a Cutlass V-8 radiator top support instead of the tie-raps. :lol:.....more info please! what year etc? ive spent so much money on this car im tired of spending...been looking for cheap alternatives for that since my plastic shroud wouldnt work cut up.
==========================================================================================================
I could understand your reasoning regarding spending more money, but this a small inexpensive upgrade that will make it look factory finished and provide a good mounting point for your electric fans.
Go to local boneyard and look for '80's G-body Cutlasses, Bonnevilles, Lemans, Regals, etc.. V-8 cars in particular. If you can't find one locally, I'm sure you could buy one reasonably from a member on this site.
I'm sure you could even make brackets, but it usually doesn't look as good...just my opinion.

lg1200

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2011
aw man this thing is nice...how did i miss this thread? real nice bro...real nice.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
That's a beautiful grocery getter...Well done!! 8)

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
What did your lower front air deflector come off of?

topstring

Apprentice
Jan 10, 2009
Tennessee
That's one clean wagon. Love the 2 inch cowl hood did you need it for clearance? How's the power from the 4.8?
I bought it for clearance and looks..but the steel cowls have the round breather cut out for clearance so it didnt help at all,maybe just some where my snorkel is.The clearance came from cutting down the engine cover and regluing the t*ts that mount it.
Longroof,i made it out of 10 guage steel and bent with the bumper and bolted to it.I looked and looked for something to work but just couldnt find anything universal.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
topstring said:
Longroof,i made it out of 10 guage steel and bent with the bumper and bolted to it.I looked and looked for something to work but just couldnt find anything universal.
Thanks man. I really like the way it looks. I like the way it contours to the bumper. I had the El Camino air dam up front, but I wanted to change the look. Besides, it looks too much like an add-on. I have the original type deflector, but I think it needs something larger under there.
10 ga steel must have required a bending break. I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor