Finally rebuilding my 7.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

onebadasscutlass

Greasemonkey
Jun 30, 2011
detriot, michigan
Lol no there was alot of putting in and out removing and measuring shims...... a headache an understatement. Very aggravating! But Its put together right and I cant wait to see the difference between the old mini spool that was in there

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
after you do them a few times then they become easier, but still never a fun job to do. We raced a g body at a few different tracks and we had to run the 7.5 so that meant changing out the gears almost every weekend plus building a few others as back up.

axld86

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2013
between disney and bush garden,FL
agreed, I had a 12 bolt in my monte, basically the same, would change out gear sets according to which track I was at i.e .1/8 vs 1/4 mile. ( also have done it @ the tracks and the convertors at times). I had solid carrier bearing shim "holders" that help out . I also misquoted myself on the solid crush sleeve. came with a shim stack to replicate the crushed sleeve, which are a pain to "crush" properly. point is, you now have a skill most don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor