First Project Car!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuron

Apprentice
Oct 22, 2012
SOCAL
That looks clean! Great basis for a project, you might get to save some coin if the body is in as good a shape as it looks in the pix.

Froccer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 14, 2014
I think I might replace the dash with one from a Malibu (if interchangeable) and I'm considering getting a crated 350 for it in the future. For now I'm still trying to fix the fuel gauge it went back to being pegged past full :( but I found a pink wire that's been severed I think that might be the problem but I'm not totally sure. The body is just as good as the pictures there's a few small rust spots but I'm tracking down touch up paint and rust kill has already been applied :D

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
The Malibu dash will fit...Monte is the same too.

Good to hear it's got little rust issues...

78-80 used one style and 81 + used a slightly different style (added a dash plaque on the RH side above the glove box...I have an extra nice 81 + dash here if you can't find anything local...

I've actually got almost a compete grey interior for a camino here...missing a headliner I think is all, seats, upper/lower door panels, nice dash, capret, seat belts...trim panels etc....

Froccer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 14, 2014
Okay thanks, It will probably be a while before I can invest in the car I went over my budget but it was worth it :D

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Froccer said:
Okay thanks, It will probably be a while before I can invest in the car I went over my budget but it was worth it :D

I completely understand...just wanting to let you know someone... somewhat local has parts for when you're ready....

Froccer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 14, 2014
Thanks, once I start work once I start work on the car I'll probably send you several pm's :D

Froccer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 14, 2014
Figure its about time I posted an update :lol: I have now up to date: changed brakes so it'll actually stop :shock: removed all of the purple tint, replaced the mudflaps which where half gone :wtf: ,done an oil change thus also fixing the now stripped oil pan threads, and have found a waY to navigate speed bumps :rofl:

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Good to hear you're making some progress!

We heading up to PA for Thanksgiving if you need anything...will either have my Envoy or Chevy Silverado......might be able to squeeze something in.

Neuron

Apprentice
Oct 22, 2012
SOCAL
Froccer said:
Figure its about time I posted an update :lol: I have now up to date: changed brakes so it'll actually stop :shock: removed all of the purple tint, replaced the mudflaps which where half gone :wtf: ,done an oil change thus also fixing the now stripped oil pan threads, and have found a waY to navigate speed bumps :rofl:
Coming along! How did you remove your old tint?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor