gm donted car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
The school that the car came from could actually be fined for selling it...

Apparently since you got it titled in your name you overcame the largest hurdle.

I'd take that sticker off the firewall immediately and I wouldn't drive it anywhere before combing over every inch and every fastener on the car...

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I once hooked up with someone in Utah selling a tech school demo Honda CX500 Turbo motorcycle. These things killed people because the turbo lag would fool you into rolling the throttle too far and the bike would fly out from under you. I quibbled at $3000, but never bought it. I wonder how the whole title thing would have worked out. I think Honda only made a few hundred of these bikes.

Attachments

• CX500 Turbo.jpg
    CX500 Turbo.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 436

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
If a title came with the car I don't see what the issue is here...
In my eyes it's no less dangerous than half the crap out there today with shade tree mechanics thinking they know how to fix things.
A car should be gone over regardless of who it was purchased from.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
88hurstolds said:
If a title came with the car I don't see what the issue is here...
In my eyes it's no less dangerous than half the crap out there today with shade tree mechanics thinking they know how to fix things.
A car should be gone over regardless of who it was purchased from.

Agreed....

Nice find. Please post some pics here for us. What makes you think the body is a 442 body? First year for the G body 442 was 85'

ITh4n4tosI

Greasemonkey
Nov 23, 2013
The difference being that they were donated cars that were not meant for the road anymore. They are deemed unsafe but I think part of it has to do with the money the companies lose by not selling the car. Plus I know a lot of donated cars have contracts on them saying its to be crushed when the school is done it. But that is how it goes, if he can register it then great if not then that sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor