GNX, Grand National and T-Type coming back..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
That's sweet. I'm glad they'll come with turboed 6's too. And also a six speed manual, that's neat.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade here, but that article from Edmunds is almost a year old. I wouldn't hold my breath on this one. The re-introduction of the GN may take awhile.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
I kinda lost hope as soon as I realized that the pictures look like fakes. Reminds me of seeing pictures of the 2-door Charger, the 5th gen Firebird, the G8 Sport Truck, and all of those Barracuda photoshops using new Challengers.

maven

Apprentice
Sep 23, 2013
Hey... Te G8 Sport truck was real....it only didnt happen because Pontiac was killed off. They even held a contest to name it, it was so close to being here. :)

I agree those are just photochopped ATS's, but it would be awesome if they brought back any one of those namplates....I find it hard to believe they would do all 3 though.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
maven said:
Hey... Te G8 Sport truck was real....it only didnt happen because Pontiac was killed off. They even held a contest to name it, it was so close to being here. :)

I'm still waiting for it, actually. :lol: Fingers crossed! Actually, not too long ago I heard GM renewed their "ownership" of the name "El Camino."

original.jpg

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
With the look of that car in the link I would rather them NOT bring them back. Last time I checked the GN wasn't a 4 door and it didn't look like every other car out there.

buzz77

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2013
The G8 sport truck is made in Australia. It's called the Holden Ute SS. You can YouTube it, plenty of videos on it. Identical to the Photoshop pic minus the air scoops.You can import one and throw a G8 hood on it.

maven

Apprentice
Sep 23, 2013
Funny thing is when Pontiac was killed off GM had a bunch of G8 front ends left.(and money in tooling)...the Australians kinda liked the G8 looks so there was an option to get the G8 front end (minus the Arrowhead) on your Commodore down under....not sure if it was available on the Ute.

The 2014 Chevy SS is also just a Commodore with Chevy badging, essentially what the G8 would have been had it still been around, the Caprice PPV is also a direct Aussie import, it being the Holden Caprice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor