got any pics of summit exhaust kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyl24

Apprentice
Jan 15, 2009
southern illinois
i am thinking about ordering a summit header back exhaust kit and i was curious how the tail pipes look when they are installed on a g body. thanks for any pics

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
I didn't like the "Monte" style tails, so I had the guy who hung it for me dump it out after the wheels. I wanted it straight out with a slash cut, like the stock tails. but after lookiong at it, to do what i wanted, there would have to be a lot of cutting and welding to do to the tails. the turndowns have grown on me i have to say. Mufflers are pretty low though, overall a mediocre kit, not bad for a couple bills though.

101_0061.jpg

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
I went ahead and kept the Monte "style" exhaust and added some angle slash tips.But like 3xbrowncutty said earlier it does hang low but better then what all the shops wanted to charge. I did go the emissions route and bought 2 cats and had them welded in.It looks exactly like the pic above but different outlets.
MYDC0771.jpg

washingtonb2

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 30, 2010
What's going on guys? I am thinking about getting this same Summit exhaust kit. I want to know if there is anything special that I will have to know or buy alone with this kit? I am running flowtech headers and a stock crossmember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor