Got into an accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
You said there was grass so tall you could only see the top of her car. That doesnt look good for you in my opinion. Dont turn if you cant see fully whats coming. However you also said this is private property. Perhaps the owners of this private property could be held somewhat liable for not maintaining a safe and clear roadway. ???? I dunno. Something to think about.

I totally feel for ya man. I had a really beautiful truck smashed all to hell because some dumb *ss lady with a van full of kids rammed into me. It sucks but there was nothing I could do in my state. Hopefully you have some type of ability to have the repairs done without forking over hard earned cash.

maliburacinfreak

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2005
Evansville, IN
sucks to hear but, im wondering how your el camino is between 4400 and 4900 pounds! sorry if im focusing on the wrong part of the story. :lol:

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
maliburacinfreak said:
sucks to hear but, im wondering how your el camino is between 4400 and 4900 pounds! sorry if im focusing on the wrong part of the story. :lol:
X2....I have to wonder as well.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
Take pictures of the skid marks from your car spinning around ... that will be the determining factor :idea:

I would also like to know what you carry with you to make you El Camino that heavy :?:

Crapple21

Greasemonkey
Apr 16, 2011
Washington
I guess I mis read something about the weight online lol and ya I'm going to try and fight it and see what happens it just sucks and ya I know I shouldn't have gone if I couldn't totally see her car but I make this turn everyday after school and am used to people doing the speed limit so I have enough time and ya that's a good idea I need to take picture of the scene. And my car didnt leave any skid marks. But I went back tonight and went 10mph down the hill she was coming from and at that speed she would have bumped me not crumpled the side of my car it looks way worse in person then in the picture my friends that came over and looked at said it doesn't look to bad in the pictures but terrible in the person and I think she tweaked something somewhere because my wheel looks like its sort of off center and pointing out

85Oldsmobile

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 27, 2010
Freeland, MI 48623
I'm scared to ask what your insurance was willing to pay out. They seem to think gbody cars are worthless.

Crapple21

Greasemonkey
Apr 16, 2011
Washington
they havent done anything and i just have liabilty on my car so my insurance isnt going to cover it :blam: so thats why i am hoping we can get like a 50 50 thing so i can atleast get some money but ya i think its worse then i thought it was i just drove it and when i move the wheel back and forth real quick it feels like the rear end is lagging behind if that makes sense and i dont know if you can tell in the pictures but my wheel is slightly pointing out as well :shock:

85Oldsmobile

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 27, 2010
Freeland, MI 48623
Did you check the control arms? I know about 10 years ago or so I had one of the lower trailing arms on my 85 olds break when I hit a pot hole. It felt like the tire was only held on with 1 lug nut. Hopefully it’s an easy fix for you and then you can just concentrate on the body work. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor