GRAND PRIX great project car

Status
Not open for further replies.

ez rock

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 26, 2020
Hello all, I am new to the forum and I have a question.

I have a 86 Grand Prix with T-tops. It need of some work and been sitting for about 20 yrs in my garage. No real rust but need some body work on the right side (side swipe on the right door ).
It has a 72 olds rocket motor in it that needs a rebuild (hasn't been started in years) . Interior needs some work but its all there. The car is complete.

Now the question is what should I be asking for it if I sold it ??

Reactions: 1 user

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Hello all, I am new to the forum and I have a question.

I have a 86 Grand Prix with T-tops. It need of some work and been sitting for about 20 yrs in my garage. No real rust but need some body work on the right side (side swipe on the right door ).
It has a 72 olds rocket motor in it that needs a rebuild (hasn't been started in years) . Interior needs some work but its all there. The car is complete.

Now the question is what should I be asking for it if I sold it ??
Welcome! If you could post up some pictures, that would help everyone here give you a better and more accurate evaluation of what to ask for it :)

ez rock

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 26, 2020
Welcome! If you could post up some pictures, that would help everyone here give you a better and more accurate evaluation of what to ask for it :)
yeah .. I guess that's the first project .. clear some of the boxes and stuff off it and get pictures ...lol( been in the garage for 20 yrs . a lot off mess sitting on it ) Just trying to get an idea of what they going for these days

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
yeah .. I guess that's the first project .. clear some of the boxes and stuff off it and get pictures ...lol( been in the garage for 20 yrs . a lot off mess sitting on it ) Just trying to get an idea of what they going for these days
There is such a vast price range with the G body cars, condition is everything. A little heads up too, anyone who may be interested will defiantly want some pictures of the T Top channels to make sure they are in decent shape, and rear frame rails. Someone will defiantly want the car, lotta Grand Prix lovers on here!

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Sounds like my garage o_O:unsure::LOL:

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
Location will also be needed as different areas prefer certain cars over others.

ez rock

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 26, 2020
ok
Car is located in northern New Jersey. T-top channels have some rust and there was minor leak when I parked it . right side door has dent from being hit (not major impact , side swipe).
Pictures to come soon .. just trying to get an idea of value for a pretty much straight project car.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Sounds more like a parts car roller. You haven’t described anything good about it.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Posting some photos would be your best bet. If you could post some shots of the T roof channels and the underneath area of the car behind the rear wheels, that would be helpful too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor