Help with wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrLightning

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2011
northeast,Ohio
oldsofb said:
Well, you know what opinions are like..... My opinion is on our cars 18" is as big as I would go. When you get to 20's it starts to look out of place on our body styles. It may look ok on a 2013 Camaro, but it looks too big on ours (again, my opinion). Check the guys at pro-touring on my previous post. It lists working sizes and backspacing from people running them.

In the end it's the same as asking me what hair cut you should get. I may say mohawk, but you gotta look in the mirror and like it. If you've seen a G-Body with 20's and loved the look....get um, and screw me and my opinion. If everybody picked the look of their car by committee it would be a dull world. Do what makes you happy and screw the consensus I say. Find the size and backspace you need and giddy-up!

Hutch

X10

BigGeorge said:
Will these 20x8.5 and 20x10 wheels work? Specifically will the backspacing work? Here is a link to the site.

http://www.showwheels.com.au/pdf/AULISSW.pdf

Thanks
I don't know if you can fit a 10" wheel out back. In back I have 17x9 with 4.5"BS wearing 275s and they are snug inside and out. I had to roll my wheel lip. I have 17x8 with 4.75BS up front with 245s and they rub at full lock. I think if I could have a 4.5BS up front they would not rub. Keep in mind that's an 8"rim, with 8.5" you'd need another quarter inch BS.

GT_80

Greasemonkey
Apr 23, 2013
Massachusetts
-83MONTESS- said:
MWA said:
I really like the 2nd one over the others. The last one is just ugly not to mention its a 24" wheel. I think with a black car you cant go wrong with either the 1st or 2nd ones.

I agree- but then I am gonna run chevy rallys on my car...

williamattop

Master Mechanic
Apr 9, 2014
Appleton WI
BigGeorge said:
Sometimes I wish my interior were black and I would do a gunmetal or gray (wheel).
I had these wheels paint matched to the body, but its very close to gun metal grey.

BigGeorge said:
Would the widths and backspacing be an issue?

These are 18x8.5 with 4" backspace and -6 offset all the way around. They fit fine. I probably could have gotten away with 4.5 backspace but Ive heard it can vary (up to 5") from car to car so I played it safe. I have no fitment issues at all with stock suspension.
275/40 in the back
245/40 in the front

The aren't Boss 338's, but similar.
I logged days and days of reading and research on what would fit before I ordered these. Since I was ordering off the internet I wanted to be 1000% sure what would work. Other sizes, offsets, etc,,, will work too. This is just what sizes I wanted in 18".

Good luck HTH

And thanks for giving me another excuse to post up more pictures of my ride. :D :D

Attachments

• DSC01764.JPG
    DSC01764.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 313
  • DSC01763.JPG
    DSC01763.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 317

GT_80

Greasemonkey
Apr 23, 2013
Massachusetts
williamattop said:
BigGeorge said:
Sometimes I wish my interior were black and I would do a gunmetal or gray (wheel).
I had these wheels paint matched to the body, but its very close to gun metal grey.

BigGeorge said:
Would the widths and backspacing be an issue?

These are 18x8.5 with 4" backspace and -6 offset all the way around. They fit fine. I probably could have gotten away with 4.5 backspace but Ive heard it can vary (up to 5") from car to car so I played it safe. I have no fitment issues at all with stock suspension.
275/40 in the back
245/40 in the front

The aren't Boss 338's, but similar.
I logged days and days of reading and research on what would fit before I ordered these. Since I was ordering off the internet I wanted to be 1000% sure what would work. Other sizes, offsets, etc,,, will work too. This is just what sizes I wanted in 18".

Good luck HTH

And thanks for giving me another excuse to post up more pictures of my ride. :D :D

they look nice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor