OLDS Here's a golden oldie for sale

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
So this abomination has been around over 20 years that I know of, been for sale pretty much the whole year, Not my cup 'o tea, but there's an *ss for every seat, they say. Been listed as everything from 78 to 83 over the years. Believe it started out in Kansas, My guess is some older guy that loved 50s customs decided to work his "magic" on a cheap used car.

00t0t_iDSrMtOfors_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Here's one from 2000

hay043.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I can't say that I like it, but I can appreciate that a lot of work went into it. Sure couldn't build it for the $7500 asking price.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The old school custom touches are not appropriate on this type car . Otherwise I do appreciate the amount of work and creativity that went into it.
The Mercury grille and old school Dodge Lancer hubcaps and the dated scallop paint scheme, I like old school customs and lead sleds, but this car just don't do it for me.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
As far as 2dr wagon conversions go, it looks better than most. Everything else could be corrected. Dash would probably be the hardest part to fix.

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Over the years it looks like there were a few updates, like the wheels, paint, and grille. But the later tube grille doesn't look good at all, and he overdid it with the louvers. I wouldn't have done the tailgate with louvers and probably would've minimized the louvers on the hood.
I agree with Driven, that the actual 2-dr conversion was nicely done compared to some of the hack jobs out there.
As for the '59 Chevy dash and steering wheel. That was a popular addition on some early customs back in the day. I don't know if I would've gone that route with the dash.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Almost want to go see it, just to satisfy my curiousity

too much to do already

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
did he have to custom cut his door window glass? look at the shape!

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor