OLDS Here's a golden oldie for sale

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
So this abomination has been around over 20 years that I know of, been for sale pretty much the whole year, Not my cup 'o tea, but there's an *ss for every seat, they say. Been listed as everything from 78 to 83 over the years. Believe it started out in Kansas, My guess is some older guy that loved 50s customs decided to work his "magic" on a cheap used car.

00t0t_iDSrMtOfors_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Here's one from 2000

View attachment 230788
The fact he made it into a two door is nice!

Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
did he have to custom cut his door window glass? look at the shape!

My guess is it's a side window out of some other car....would explain the odd shape of the rear window frame

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Full window frame and wing windows too. Interesting. Wonder how the fit and finish is up close. I'm lazy and would have probably tried to use El Camino parts.

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Is it time for a come back of the Munsters? Grandpa had too much home home brew and excess of left over paint? Eddie's high school project when he was hitting it with Wendy Adams? Some how I can see this in a Hollywood car Museum next to the Ghost Busters vehicle.

Maybe a remake of Rick Morranis...., Honey I Shrunk the Bus!

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
All kidding aside..., whomever did it, did good work. Would have fit in great with the first Mad Max movie.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
I've actually seen this one up close and personal on more than one occasion, and it's a sight to behold. There are so many details that just keep popping out at you that you develop a love/respect for it in no time even if you don't agree with every change. I think the louvers are overdone, the mirrors are out of place, scallops don't suit G Bodies, and the windows drive me nuts! I could take or leave the grille, as it's been noted to have a "Mad Max" vibe and that's just fine with me. Most of the work is really quite well done, it's just been done to a vehicle that's about 15-20 years too new. This thing only needs a hood scoop, paint job, and side pipes to get back on track.

I've considered putting that exact dash in in my '78 El Camino but am afraid it will clash with other design changes I have planned. It's just a sweet dash, kind of like old Nash 120mph speedos.

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
From the photos, this is George Barris quality, just a little too odd for me.

Last edited:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor