i got a motor and tr

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonracer

n00b
Feb 6, 2006
i got a motor and trans question

we are building a g body car for oval track racing there rules say it must be stock size mtor that came in the car..1st ?was there any mid 80,s with a 350 also any monte carlos with a stick transmission thanks for the help

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Some of the GM A bodies (same as G body prior to 1982), from 1978-1981 were available with stick shift trannies, but to the best of my knowledge, there was no stick shift available after 1981. I read a post on MonteCarloSS.com, that said that there were some mid '80s Monte SSs that were built for sale in Mexico that came with a 350 & 4 speed trans, but I think that was just for Mexico. I believe that the 350 Chev small block was an option on some of the early '80s Malibus with the police package, but only for the police package vehicles (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Other than that, to the best of my knowledge, the biggest engine available on any of the mid '80s G bodies was the 307 Olds V8. There was a 350 Olds diesel V8 available in some of the Cutlass models, but I don't think it was available after 1980 (again, someone correct me if I'm wrong). Hope this helps.

mrapii

Greasemonkey
Jan 5, 2006
Waipahu, HI
Until 1979 you could get a 350cid in an El Camino.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor