Ignition Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetroRob

Greasemonkey
Jan 14, 2014
Checked that but since I ave no power returning from the starter it's got to be a fuseable link ??

I would like to find out the size of the fuse in that live so I can place it in a better spot like in the fire wall

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
MetroRob said:
Checked that but since I ave no power returning from the starter it's got to be a fuseable link ??

I would like to find out the size of the fuse in that live so I can place it in a better spot like in the fire wall

A fusible link is a wire that is 4 gauges smaller than the wire it's protecting.

MetroRob

Greasemonkey
Jan 14, 2014
Thanks for all the help !! She came to life this afternoon, I finally had some car time to get under and drop the starter. Wasn't the fusible link at all but 2 of the other wires coming off must of laid on the header and melted. Spliced in some new wire and reduced from 3 to 2 wires and re routed them a little better to keep them further away, Who ever ran the trans cooler lines must of done it in a rush, when I bolted the starter back up I should of checked the main was touching the lines arched out and well now I have to replace the lines :twisted: But That shouldn't take to long, and when done they will run along the inner fender and away from the starter and headers haha

Ran the block numbers today turns out it is a 350 2 bolt but just having her running today she sounds tight and strong, So wanted to get her out of the garage today it was nice outside.. Rain tomorrow :( :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor