Is the euro front clip more desirable than the earlier clip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trocutlass63

Greasemonkey
Aug 26, 2011
Metro Detroit
Re: Is the euro front clip more desirable than the earlier c

As far as desirability there does seem to be a good amount of people who prefer the euro clip and they are harder to find. I personally don't like them and prefer the more aggressive look of the earlier style but it's all up to preference.

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada

I think the early clip looks more muscle but the euro looks like its a luxury car. I own both fronts and have to saw i like the euro more

85Supreme

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2009

I think the depth in the earlier style really adds to the appearance of the car which is why i prefer it over the euro. But the euro style has been gradually growing on me.

Nov 4, 2012

Like I said, I'm not a cutlass guy, but my next g body is gonna be split between a 442 and a monte ss, but personally I like the older one better. It looks more aggressive and muscle car-like, whereas the euro clip looks kinda "cutlass ciera/ lumina fwd 90s sedan". It's all on what you like. Id take classic over modern.

iameggor

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2011
Montana

I like the older over the euro style. I just like the front of my car:) the euro looks too much like a fwd car to me.

Attachments

• IMG_0652.jpg
    IMG_0652.jpg
    414.5 KB · Views: 1,370

Intragration

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2012
Chicago

I used to like the euro front ends better, this came about in a time when they were new, and I equated the euro with newer=better. That pretty much died for me about the same time the G-bodies did, and since then, I reverted back to a preference for the older style. I had always liked the '86 grilles the best before, but when I bought my '83, it had '84 grilles on it. I never would have changed them if I had bought the car with the originals, but they have grown on me. I don't think I'll change them now.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA

they are certainly worth more money. i like the older better as well but i sold the header panel off an 88 parts car i had for 400 bucks. you will never see that sort of cash for a 81-86 header panel. rarity i assume plays a part though

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey

Well I like them both, however I really want a euro nose with 4 sealed beam glass headlights. Someday I suppose I'll make one.

Nov 4, 2012

marcar1993 said:
Well I like them both, however I really want a euro nose with 4 sealed beam glass headlights. Someday I suppose I'll make one.

Now that'd be the best of both worlds!

duppyconqueror

Apprentice
Jul 18, 2011

personally I prefer the old clip. It looks more classic to me, but I'd agree that the euro is more in demand. Someone put an old style cutlass clip on a wagon and it looked badass. I kinda like the monte carlo euro clip though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor