Is the euro front clip more desirable than the earlier clip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Re: Is the euro front clip more desirable than the earlier c

Old skool for me......I like the earlier clips 8)

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio

old style shows more style, pizzaz and chrome

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan

Years ago I thought about getting the conversion headlights that look like the euro headlights for my Monte but ended up changing my mind and I think my car probably looks more aggresive with the original style headlights plus I'm sure that money went towards performance parts anyways. I think the Cutlass euro lights seem to blend in and flow better with the body lines of that body style.

Attachments

• IMG_0717.JPG
    IMG_0717.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 6,128

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio

marcar1993 said:
Well I like them both, however I really want a euro nose with 4 sealed beam glass headlights. Someday I suppose I'll make one.

Already been done:

aaDartVader2008046.jpg

;)

The FE3X concept was built in '85 and you'll notice it has the 4 sealed beam headlamps but the corner marker lamps like the '87/'88 front end. I believe the FE3X header panel is what inspired the later composite headlamp front ends.

One purpose the '87/'88 front end serves is to be a bit better aerodynamically than the older style. I believe that is why the FE3X concept had that large piece of plexiglass over the front end. They were experimenting with the air flow however that piece cut off too much air from the radiator and didn't make it as a production piece.

Nov 4, 2012

565bbchevy said:
Years ago I thought about getting the conversion headlights that look like the euro headlights for my Monte but ended up changing my mind and I think my car probably looks more aggresive with the original style headlights plus I'm sure that money went towards performance parts anyways. I think the Cutlass euro lights seem to blend in and flow better with the body lines of that body style.

If I had your car, I wouldn't do anything with it. The current front clip looks SICK! :D as does the whole car!

juicedcutty

Greasemonkey
Nov 26, 2009
sin city

i have a 81 cutty im building, i had to slap a euro on it

IMG_4415.jpg

bbb.png

Nozer

Greasemonkey
May 7, 2011
Macedon , NY

^^well to each his own and if you're building a low rider ( like it looks like you are) it will definitely go with the look.but.. I love the older style just because it is reminiscent of a day long gone when true muscle cars roamed the streets breathing true horsepower , not these little fart canned j* cars that sound like you shook a hornets nest up and jammed it in the exhaust pipe.. the euro style looks like a cheap early 90's FWD car that you'd see rotting in any junkyard waiting for the crusher to give it new life as a muffler for something that is worth something.. But like i said to each his own. thats just my opinion haha and i don't expect any one to agree with it.. Thats what makes hot rodding so fun and unique though.

littlerascle59

Master Mechanic
Jul 2, 2009
Mississippi

When I first got into the whole car craze, I was originally big into lowriding. My first car was an 85 Cutlass Supreme Brougham. In the lowriding genre, the Cutlass euro clip is highly sought after. Years and having owned several Cutlass later I finally bought an entire 87. It ran quite well even tho it had a V6. Finally one day it took a dump and quit on me. I grab the euro front off of it, stripped the body as much as possible and scrapped the rest. Now I'm into the more stock appearance along with modern muscle conveniences. I still however think the euro front looks better after that I'd say the 84 Calias blacked out grilles and headlight bezels or the 86 Salon with blacked out grille centers and headlight bezels.
Here's my euro front I've had since 2004; waiting to put it on my 86 Salon someday.
8072b57e.jpg

JayPat83

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2013
Knoxville, TN

I know this is an old thread but it is on my mind. I would live to get rid of my 87 Euro for the older 81 thru 86 front!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor