Just got a 79

Status
Not open for further replies.

rck79supreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 28, 2014
We just got a 79 Cutlass Supreme with a 305. Dang happy to have it. Drives awesome like new. Needs a few things. I'll be asking for help.Will be wanting to get together with all the G-Body folks from Cincy. I'll post pictures when I can. My boy got an 85 Elky and that's what got me going. Dang 16 year olds wanting something that doesn't sound like a sewing machine. It's sooo kool!!!!!

Bob

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
Welcome to the site.

Doug

rck79supreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 28, 2014
Bad news about my Cutlass. It started misfiring and upon looking into it I was getting water in number 4 and number 8 cylinders. So we are now in the process of changing the motor. :cry: Hopefully have it swapped this weekend. We are putting another 305 in it to keep as close to original as we can. I'll post pics when I can.

rck79supreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 28, 2014
Finally able to post pictures.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    570.2 KB · Views: 402
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    451.9 KB · Views: 390

rck79supreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 28, 2014
Car is up and running. Took 3 weeks afterwork and weekends with a lot of help from my 73yr young father. Really good bonding time. Enjoying the crap out of it.

Chopper

Apprentice
Feb 9, 2013
Midland, MI.
Very clean. Best part is bonding with dad. Cars come and go but the memories last forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor