LED tail lights and new seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

86 Grand prix

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2012
Chocowinity NC
a while back someone wanted to see the 2005 Grand Prix GTP seats and console in one of our cars. Mine was in storage. Also just finished my LED tail lights. I cut the back of the light out between the mounting studs and installed the LED's and then epoxied the backs back on. I went a different route than some I have seen. Where I work we build fire trucks and I used some salesmen's samples of Whelens new fully populated 600 series tail lights inside mine. I have two in each side and have them programmed to rapid flash three times each time they come on in brake or signal mode.

normal_DSC02160.JPG

normal_DSC02162.JPG

normal_DSC02163.JPG

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Looks good. The console looks like it fits pretty well. You say that the seats came out of a 2005 Grand Prix-was the donor car a 2 door or 4 door car? Just wondering if those front seats have the release which allows the seatback to tilt forward for backseat access.

86 Grand prix

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2012
Chocowinity NC
I believe it was a two door car. It was last fall when I pulled the seats. It was one of the supercharged cars. The same seats and console come in the Bonneville SSEI and some of the upscale Grand Prix. It does not have a trunk access but the center folds down and had a storage compartment that I could not use. I just locked the center fold down. One of our local pull a parts will have a $10.00 seat day special once in a while and I got the three for $30.00. The drivers seat is bolted to the G-body electric tracks and the wires form the 2005 seat control switch matched color for color.

The rear seat was not too bad. I took the leather lower seat skin and put it on the factory g-body seat frame and foam. The upper had to have some round rod welded to the back to catch in the seat back holder.

I had to trim the front of the console to fit under the dash. IMO the 2004 and up Monte Carlo consoles are much easier and look better but all I found was junk.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
looks good.i have the same seat set-up in light grey(leather) in my 87 and 86 SS i just picked up.i also fabbed the fold out cupholder an lid from the gp console to a gbody monte/elco/malibu console body.i just ordered a black leather set-up for the ones in my 87 SS from leatherseats.com. the rear is perfect for my l7 kicker set-up,as it has as you mentioned acess to the rear that locks,i cut out the factory center divider/brace(on SS) to showcase my l7 when folded down,and when riding with no rear passengers.BEST SEAT SET-UP FOR A GBODY PERIOD!!!! 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor