max hp/tq th350 driveshaft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonist

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2010
Dallas, Tx
Wondering how much torque/hp the stock g body th350 drive shafts can take.

gbondo57

Greasemonkey
Aug 30, 2010
Central Okla/USA
My son broke his after the last owner raced the hell out of the car. My learning curve on it was to take the time to paint a 1/4 wide very straight white line between the ends. Periodically check it for straight. (visually)You should see it b4 it lets go.

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
A well known and trusted driveshaft maker nere me told me a stock gbody drivershaft is limited to around 350-375 horse at the wheels. That being said my buddies car dynoed at 360 to the wheels and after some hard launches at the track he found it was bent and slightly twisted.

Dragonist

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2010
Dallas, Tx
Ok thank you for the responses

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Take some time and read up on driveshaft critical RPM - Precision Shaft Technologies has a nice chart

badlad

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 28, 2012
Knoxville, TN
That's on some sticky slickys though right cause im over that got some good bottom end torque too. I'm still yet to open the 4 on her cause shes loud and proud, sh*t got people in my neighborhood with those damn fart pipes on their imports lol, i've got American thunder so i gotta be easy a lil lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor