TH350 to Super T-10 Driveshaft

Ducs

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 7, 2019
I hope someone can chime in and let me know if a driveshaft from a TH350 car can be reused with a Super T-10. Car is a 81 2 door Malibu with a 350 V8 and a TH350. Thanks

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
If I'm remembering the drive shaft from the TH350 would just need to have yoke to match the spline count of the output shaft.

Reactions: 1 users

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
You may also end up having to measure the length of the bell housing to output shaft to see if they are the same length. This will make a difference in how deep the yoke will go in and if it needs to be shortened or lengthened. Overall depending on your HP from the motor and if changes need to happen, it might be worth the upgrade to a stronger shaft. Ran me about $400 for a complete new one.
If you go on YouTube and look up driveshafts that have failed you’ll understand why I mentioned this.
Also make sure the end of your crank can take a piñon bearing before digging in. Some cranks don’t make allowances.

Last edited:

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
My driveshaft from the TH200R4 slipped right on to the output shaft on my Muncie 4spd; no changes in length or front yoke required.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user

Ducs

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 7, 2019
Great !! That's what I was hoping for. Thanks guys !

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor