my project 82 cutlass. all advice is needd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 5, 2013
i have a 82 cutlass brougham . i swapped my engine for a chevy 350 with headers 3 quarter inch cam , 350 transmission with a shift kit, 4 barrel carb . i put dual pipes on it wit 40 series mufflerz. my problem is my car keep over revving. the guy at the shop told me that i need an eletcric fan but i dont kno whatz a good fan that will keep my engine cool. plus i have a problem with it driving .. sometime i dont have to push on the petal and it will rev by itself.. i was on the freeway doing 70 and my foot was not on the petal.. if u have any advice or insight to maken my baby purrr please feel free to point me in the right direction

Jan 6, 2013
Albany, NY
82cutty_buddy said:
i have a 82 cutlass brougham . i swapped my engine for a chevy 350 with headers 3 quarter inch cam , 350 transmission with a shift kit, 4 barrel carb . i put dual pipes on it wit 40 series mufflerz. my problem is my car keep over revving. the guy at the shop told me that i need an eletcric fan but i dont kno whatz a good fan that will keep my engine cool. plus i have a problem with it driving .. sometime i dont have to push on the petal and it will rev by itself.. i was on the freeway doing 70 and my foot was not on the petal.. if u have any advice or insight to maken my baby purrr please feel free to point me in the right direction

If you have a Tach installed, check your idle speed. If its around 500-1000 thats good, but if your having issues on the high way you might want to go to a higher gear ratio. Your car might have enough power to make it "idle" at 70mph because your making 8 powerful stokes per rotation. Don't worry about your bolt on's.

Just put a banana in your tail pipe :x

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
sounds like you have a throttle cable length issue....or you dont have a good spring on the cable to return it to idle. You could have a cruise control issue too... just throwing some ideas out there.

MPac

Greasemonkey
Apr 5, 2012
New Carlisle, Ohio
82cutty_buddy said:

First off your fan has nothing to do with revving. And what the hell is a 3 quarter inch cam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor