Need info on 200r4 MXO code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
You can just run power to toggle switch and hook up the purple wire to the otherterminal for lock up. You have to remember to unlock the converter when at low speeds. My wiring was burnt and hacked for the A/C, couldn't remember as mine never did work right. I even tried
what was said, still no go. I just used a toggle switch to bypass that mess. Also had a big hole in the A/C hose. Honestly the wiring is awful on these cars, poor quality. Same with the cruise, the servo was toast. It still didn't work after grounding the speed sensor black wire.

ric85442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2013
jociha said:
There is a relay mounted under the hood hanging on the front of the A/C housing. Remove the relay you will not need it, connect the black with green stripe to the black with white stripe this will bypass ECM control. Brown should go to ECM so remove it and tape off green wire.
Thxs for the info I'll make a note of that for when I start this project.

ric85442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2013
88hurstolds said:
'85 442's came with an OZ code TH2004R, not MXO.
MXO is a marketing code for MW9 or TH2004R.
What does the trans tag say?

All TH-2004R's have lockup converters.
I got the MXO code from the paper work the original own got from the dealer. The dealer made him a copy of the book of options he check off what he got here a pic, also the tag on the trans

ric85442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2013
olds307 and 403 said:
You can just run power to toggle switch and hook up the purple wire to the other terminal for lock up. You have to remember to unlock the converter when at low speeds. My wiring was burnt and hacked for the A/C, couldn't remember as mine never did work right. I even tried
what was said, still no go. I just used a toggle switch to bypass that mess. Also had a big hole in the A/C hose. Honestly the wiring is awful on these cars, poor quality. Same with the cruise, the servo was toast. It still didn't work after grounding the speed sensor black wire.
I haven't look at the wires coming off the trans yet . So when i do i just have to power the purple wire for the lock up to work right? the wire under the hood on my car seem in good shape my cruise doesn't work i was thinking it's the switch on the column cause my interment wiper stop working the other day and that switch is pretty worn out all the white lettering is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor