New Guy from Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonF

Apprentice
Nov 1, 2015
Ft. Myers/ Lehigh Fl.
Hello from the SW corner of Hell. I've owned my 85' Cutlass since I graduated in 89' and after blowing up the stock 307 a few years later I replaced it with a stockish 455. The car sat for way too long after spinning a rod bearing and came to life again in 07' as a fully built badass 455. Sadly there were complications shortly after breaking in the cam which I thought were easily fixed until the motor came out in Sept. Found a standard crank, better bearings, and now the proper info on clearances for those bearings. Hoping to have this beast back on the road by first of the year.
85Cutlassb_zpsyhw0nlmb.jpg

85Cutlass_zpsnitozjxi.jpg

455OLDS_zpscxwup861.jpg

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
Welcome what part of sw Florida you live.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard Don!
Another Gainesvillian here.

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Welcome to the forum, I wish I knew all you guys when I lived in Brandon FL. I could have hid in your basements so I wouldn't have been deported...:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor