project Andy's 84 Hurst/Olds

Status
Not open for further replies.

1980 regal lover

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 29, 2011
Gese what an INCREDIBLE Thread !! "wow and WOW again" !!

OK: I have to ask: The Stripes, "HOW'D ya do the Stripes" ? am I correct that that FLAT Blk. paint comes ABOVE the body line appx. 1/4 " ? AND: what did you do (and NOT DO) in "stone-chip ? *I understand the two front fender bottoms were NOT "chip-guarded" yes ? ...

Again: the Strips ! "How did you install them so "perfectly" ? *(and please answer the Blk. paint question): *AT the body lines: is it 1/4" above and 1/2" below in the FLAT (non-chip "smooth" Blk. ? .... (then the rest in chip) ? ....

LOVED reading all this !!

Thanks !!

jchav62

Apprentice
Apr 15, 2014
New Mexico
Wow!! What an inspiring thread! Beautiful car... Want to come this way and give me hand with mine?? :)

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
Re: project Andy's 84 Hurst/Olds update misc

iameggor said:
Working on the car today I realized I neglected to add or take picture from a few other things I have done to the car.
I put a pair of electric fans from a 04 toyota camery they magically bolted up to the factory fan shroud bolt locations I just had to modify a little to fit around the upper radiator hose and a few other unneeded pieces. They don't work half bad keep the 455 pretty cool, a little noisy though :roll: . I also took a picture of my new 100 amp alternator from summit racing. I also thought I would show everyone how I painted the stripes and lower black into the jambs to give it a cleaner look. I also added a custom third brake light. The light my friend had in his shed off a 99 suburban, with a little paint and some wiring looks almost factory on the interior of the olds. It also gives me a little more piece of mind that someone wont run into me... or at least they shouldn't have an excuse to not see my brake lights.
Lookin great!!! I also use rear top mounted 3rd brake lights on all 6 of my mcSS's! I use the lights from 87-95 jettas!

iameggor

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2011
Montana
Hey everyone thanks for all the kind words about my car. I haven't been on in a while... I will try and update this thread a little here pretty soon.

iameggor

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2011
Montana
so I noticed i never did put my finished trunk pictures up so here it goes.

this is as i started making the piece that fits around the striker
done with a 1/4 rod frame wrapped in fleece with fiberglass resin to make the shape.

now what the rear piece looked like installed with carpet.

this is one of the side panels,this one covers the spare but gives me quick access to it if I need.

the trunk all together. I added the olds logo for a little custom touch 8)

so there you go sorry I didn't add these earlier.

Attachments

• raw trunk panel.jpg
    raw trunk panel.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 502
  • trunk 2.jpg
    trunk 2.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 527
  • side panel.jpg
    side panel.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 521
  • trunk 3.jpg
    trunk 3.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 526
  • trunk5.jpg
    trunk5.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 501

iameggor

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2011
Montana
I will take a few measurements when I get off work tonight I chose not to put the chip guard back on I want it smooth down below the door. but I do remember it seemed the chip guard stopped about a half inch before the body line. I will get you the sizes I used for each stripe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor