BUICK Question...Buick Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
I had a local fellow message me about these wheels...

Buick Wheel.jpg

wow...big picture...sorry.

I remember seeing them on JAMCAR223 (James's) Turbo Century car. Turns out this guy bought a car...not Gbody and these wheels are on the car. He might be looking to sell...are these worth picking up? and if so what is a set worth. I have not seen the wheels in person yet.

Thanks in advance for any help!

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
That is one design of "polycast" buick wheel.

You would also find them on a 1981 buick ttype for example, or the 1981 pace car replicas. The very edge was usually polished appearance, this one seems dulled.

Some were gold/bronze instead of grey in the fin area.

AFAIK, they were occasionally used in one way or another from the late 78/79 ish cars, up through 81. And I *THINK* the option code mightve been pw7.

Value-wise, well, those aren't the most valuable of cars and the wheels need some reconditioning. Center caps are a bonus, but not sure of condition of everything.

Personally I'd buy at $150-200 for the set of 4 with caps and toss on my shelf. Condition may add to that if pristine. But they're not something you should expect to ever sell for 700 a set either.

Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I had these on my 81' Regal that was factory two tone gold and brown, the fins on the rims were flexible like some kind of rubber.
Probably one of the first things I changed were the rims.

1613781176467.png

Reactions: 2 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Yep, yep, yep. Kind of rare option, and seen more on the early Turbo Buicks. They were factory installed on my 79 Turbo Coupe. Paul found me a spare set for $125 with center caps, so I paid him to get them for me. Being poly over steel, they damage easily from lug wrenches and impact guns. They are also prone to warp. They are unique, but not really valuable. Kevin, I would buy them from you, but the shipping alone, from Regina to Houston would be more than they are worth.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor