RAWDOGG - 84 Grand Prix "Pro Touring" Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

slimbo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 14, 2008
Re: Surprise - A glimpse of what I've been upto!

:(

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!

slimbo5 said:
? No comprende :?:
Yours is a seriously bad *ss GP though

slimbo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 14, 2008

Ton of very nice work on the car. Its just not my style. I prefer more of a stock type look but the work you have done is excellent just not what i would do. But i suppose if we all did the same things the world would be a pretty boring place. Thanks for the compliment and once again i can appreciate the level of detail and fabrication its just not my style.

rIbBaD

Greasemonkey
Apr 10, 2010
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

I've never really liked Grand Prix's but you make me wish I had one, especially like this, Great Job.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH

Do you have a storm trooper outfit? It would make for some killer pics. You follow it up with some Darth Vader pics with a modified Grand National.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010

dogshit said:
Do you have a storm trooper outfit? It would make for some killer pics. You follow it up with some Darth Vader pics with a modified Grand National.
best idea ive heard so far!!!

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!

I appreciate all that enthusiasm lol, it's the most this thread had gotten really lol, but I always hated Star Wars, for real. And no, I'm not airbrushing any Star Wars crap on my doors or trunk lid, in case anyone else get any ideas. LOL.
But the idea to shoot a pic alongside a black Olds Fe3x clone car would be nice.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH

How about some driving impressions, storys, fun you have had so far as with all that power it has to be a blast to drive.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
love how agressive it looks bruh! Sweet job. Came together nicely...

Elco Warren 8)
Damn, thanks fam! Appreciate it 8)
dogshit said:
How about some driving impressions, storys, fun you have had so far as with all that power it has to be a blast to drive.
Well this summer when I finally did get her on the road, the only issue was fuel starvation. It only happenned intermittently, for no apparent reason, fuel pressure would drop sometimes to 20PSI and just stay there (at 20PSI, she won't move, she would stall out if I tried). It needs 50PSI to drive. Sometimes I had to wait 5 minutes, other times, 35 minutes, before fuel pressure went back to normal, so I could drive it home (after parking on the side of the road like a dumb ****).

It was beginning to get cold, summer was over, and I got fedup and put her in storage. Gonna cost me some $$$ to get it right which I didn't have, so next spring here is my plan:

Problem:
Stock non EFI gas tank, stock fuel pickup (out the top of the tank) down to the EFI fuel pump mounted on the frame, lower than the tank. Since fuel has to go up then down, I figure this was my problem.

Solution:
New 85 Montecarlo 4.3 TBI baffled EFI fuel tank and fuel pickup which holds an in-tank pump (available at gbodyparts.com). Walbro 45psi in tank fuel pump mounted in it. This should provide the the correct constant fuel pressure. Will have to wait for spring.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor