Repo console lids

Adam 442

n00b
Aug 18, 2023
Is no one making the repo consol lids for the gbody olds any more? I can't find them on the suppliers that used to. Thanks!

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Not that I know of. These cars are getting so old that even the reproduction parts are getting discontinued. The point is, the things need to sell and keep selling to make a part worth keeping in stock. Since nobody bought a lot of these lately, I assume, then apparently even the aftermarket vendors aren't carrying them anymore. Also possible it was just a limited run of say, 1,000 units and that was it. I've seen that happen before as well.

Funny they make the repro button and bottom plate, but not the lid anymore. Who really needs those as much as they do the lid part?

About 5 years ago I did a repro/NOS comparison look at one of the repro lids. If you find one, they're worth buying. The only drawback anyone's really had with them is they tend to come to you and stay warped a little. Not horribly so, but if you look at it long enough, you'll see it.

https://gbodyforum.com/threads/repo-console-lids.89164/

Reactions: 1 users

Adam 442

n00b
Aug 18, 2023
So I should have ordered one a couple of years ago, lol. I'll have to paint mine instead I guess. Thanks!

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Shoot Brian Weaver a message as he has been planning a lot of Oldsmobile stuff
So has a lot of people. Problem is, nobody's doing much as far as quality replacement. Most of what becomes available is ill-fitting, hot garbage.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor