Th350 direct drum air check question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dugan

Greasemonkey
Jun 15, 2011
Air checked my direct drum today after assembly, it is leaking a bit around the center but i think this is due to my teflon seals instead of the metal ones.

My question is, When applying air to the direct drum inner pressure hole, air will come out the direct drum outer pressure hole, but if i hold my finger over this, it will allow for the piston to rise. Otherwise the air leaks past and out the other hole... The check ball in the drum seems loose to the point where if I hit it with air it moves.

Anyone know why I have to hold my finger over the other port and I have never seen anyone else do this? Im doing the dual feed tech, left out the center seal on the pump stator shaft, but I forgot to remove the direct drum lip seal that keeps pressure from being equal on both pump lip seals. Would leaving this in and not having the center pump seal cause the air leak im experiencing??

And once i let go of the pressure the piston will drop, unlike the intermediate piston when checked that will stay up until the nozzle is removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor