The 1981-to-1979 malibu rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
t01blaze said:
it looks like a buckle from the back seat attached to the roof. doesnt matter anyway, i just thought it was weird.
what backspacing were those wheels? nice car

t01blaze

Master Mechanic
Oct 4, 2011
South New Jersey
Evan's 85 said:
t01blaze said:
it looks like a buckle from the back seat attached to the roof. doesnt matter anyway, i just thought it was weird.

i have no idea, the black stock ones on the '79? they are 14s and i think they are stock.

the 81 has my 15x10's on back (cragar bob glidden) but im not sure on the bs. i can measure later when i get home. iirc the tires are a 275 something bfg drag radials.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
t01blaze said:
Evan's 85 said:
t01blaze said:

i have no idea, the black stock ones on the '79? they are 14s and i think they are stock.

the 81 has my 15x10's on back (cragar bob glidden) but im not sure on the bs. i can measure later when i get home. iirc the tires are a 275 something bfg drag radials.
yes, the 15x10's

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
t01blaze said:
Evan's 85 said:

either 3 1/2" or 3 3/4". it was hard to get an exact measurement.

oh ok, the ones i have are 5 in bs, i think..dnt think i could get tires of that size of them.

t01blaze

Master Mechanic
Oct 4, 2011
South New Jersey
I feel kinda guilty and need some inspiration/motivation. The car is sitting in the garage in the same condition I brought it home in. I opened the hood and started disconnecting the carb to clean it, and I put the torsion bars back in the trunk :twisted: they are hard to get back in. :blam:

I was making relatively quick progress with the rusted 81, I hope I don't procrastinate for another 10 years on this car. :mrgreen:

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
K
t01blaze said:
I feel kinda guilty and need some inspiration/motivation. The car is sitting in the garage in the same condition I brought it home in. I opened the hood and started disconnecting the carb to clean it, and I put the torsion bars back in the trunk :twisted: they are hard to get back in. :blam:

I was making relatively quick progress with the rusted 81, I hope I don't procrastinate for another 10 years on this car. :mrgreen:
Don't mean to get off subject but im in need of a" reinstallation" how-to myself!!! I recently took these(torsion bars) out of my donor mcss and was hoping i could get some insight on these?! Thanks

t01blaze

Master Mechanic
Oct 4, 2011
South New Jersey
L.A.X-RATED said:
K
t01blaze said:

Don't mean to get off subject but im in need of a" reinstallation" how-to myself!!! I recently took these(torsion bars) out of my donor mcss and was hoping i could get some insight on these?! Thanks

Sure. I can take pictures if you want when I get home. I used a 10mm distributor wrench as a puller tool, BE CAREFUL! I put the end of the torsion bar in the bracket and then used the box end of the wrench to slip over the very end and pull hard. I had to put one foot in the trunk and the other on the bumper. :rofl: I was thinking if I slipped off I was going to fly across the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor