Vacuum Lines on Intake and Valve Covers

WesFischer05

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2023
Phoenix, Arizona
I am wrapping up an LS Swap on my Gbody and have some questions about the vacuum lines. I am not running any of the stock emissions stuff which I know these used to connect too. So my question is what should I do with them. I have read multiple responses and it seems to be matter on what components you have so I wanted to ask and see what you guys think.

From what iv'e read it seems like the two circled in red are supposed to connect all though i could be wrong and then I need to know what to do with the other three, some say I can just cap them off but I want to make sure!

IMG_4576.jpg

This is a top down image of the 5 vacuum ports I am dealing with. The driver side valve cover is under my wiring, in the middle of installing that so sorry for the mess.

IMG_4577.jpg

These two i have read I can just connect with some heater hose but I want to be sure

IMG_4578.jpg

This is the passenger side port on the intake and I am unaware of what to do with this or the next two images below

IMG_4579.jpg

This is the port on the left side of the intake

IMG_4580.jpg

And this is the port on the driver side valve cover that was covered earlier

Hopefully it's simple and i am just overthinking it but I just want to check before i do anything!

I will also note I am not running a catch can and the block is an LM7 with stock internals

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Red connected to red with a 3/8" hose. Cap brass port. Back drivers side to the open port on front passengers side of intake, put a PCV Valve inline of that section unless the Valve Cover has it build in under neath it.

I have essentially the same just a PCV in the back drivers Valve Cover and ran to that brass port because it was easier for me.

WIxX6tY.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

WesFischer05

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2023
Phoenix, Arizona
Red connected to red with a 3/8" hose. Cap brass port. Back drivers side to the open port on front passengers side of intake, put a PCV Valve inline of that section unless the Valve Cover has it build in under neath it.

I have essentially the same just a PCV in the back drivers Valve Cover and ran to that brass port because it was easier for me.

View attachment 235782
Thank you for the imput!

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
No dog in the fight here, just trying to understand. The "red to red" is just a clean air source for PCV? And the brass or pass. side ports are subject to manifold vacuum, hence the PCV valve in that circuit (in v/c or hose)?

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor