Vid of the AWD hurst cutlass running a 10.7@130mph

Status
Not open for further replies.

gearhead79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 2, 2014
Crazy!!!!!! That thing is b.a.!!!!!! I love trailblazer ss's but i love g bodies more,so this would be the perfect blend :D

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if you ask me that is a hurst custlass as much as this is an escalade.....

cadillac_escalade_monster_truck.jpg

WyoKid

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2013
What the hell. Here ive been planing to find a Buick regal for months now to do a AWD set up in the future; thinking its never been done before and keeping it to myself like its some big secret. I get on the forum today and discover it has already been done. The Car is Freaking Awesome man. Its a beautiful ride.

jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA
WyoKid said:
What the hell. Here ive been planing to find a Buick regal for months now to do a AWD set up in the future; thinking its never been done before and keeping it to myself like its some big secret.

Lol Yeah, this is probably the 3rd one I've seen. Definitely the newest drive train, nicest execution, and the only Olds body. The others were a 80s ElCamino (a la Syclone), a Malibu wagon 4x4, and a Mean SS Monte AWD (from a Astro van. That thing didn't even look like it was a AWD from it's stance).

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I'd like to know more about the engineering of this setup. Did you simply swap the body onto the Trailblazer chassis? How much floor mod was required? Can you share any pix?

MeanBuicks

Master Mechanic
Apr 1, 2014
Memphis, TN
8) Fantastic! May not be a real H/O but it sure does the name proud with that level of engineering and execution. I don't think it would be nearly as cool if it was just given a random custom paint job. Way to go!

Perhaps the younger set here is unaware of the original Hurst Hairy Olds Cutlass AWD cars of the '60s.

hairy2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor