Not open for further replies.

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010
bigjoenvegas said:
Man, you sure are puttin in work! Keep it up!

Thanks ,
but is more like putting more money

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Thats right..its all about the $$$$$....if you got the cash it will come out all good...2 g's to get my motor to look like this...rebuilt and all the chrome/wires etc....Keep up the good hard work....

I got my Motor rebuilt at Castillo's Engine Rebuilt.(LOCATED IN LOS ANGELES,CA.)..check it out....they have the best prices and work on alot of high performance engine....fyi....

Attachments

• 0605001859.jpg
    0605001859.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,096
  • 0515001050.jpg
    0515001050.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 1,091
  • 0605001858%20%282%29.jpg
    0605001858%20%282%29.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,074

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010
dude what kind engine is that? and nice looking chromes, i just noticed you got the 87 mirrors on you car, did you mount the where the old one gose can u post more pics of ur mirror's

bigjoenvegas

Master Mechanic
Dec 2, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Go get some iroc mirrors from the junk yard, thats what I did. I think they need a little trimming where they sit at the body but they're the same. Just don't mount them where he mounted his. It's the wrong spot and looks a little funny.

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
big joe vegas said:
Go get some iroc mirrors from the junk yard, that's what I did. I think they need a little trimming where they sit at the body but they're the same. Just don't mount them where he mounted his. It's the wrong spot and looks a little funny.
You need to find the proper gasket/spacer to properly install them in the fwd location, Just drill new holes, don't grind anything off the bottom if the mirror..they sit slightly higher and all the way fwd on the door the spacer locates them in the proper position.. Also get the reinforcing plates from inside the door. You will have to weld the old mounting holes shut. Mine are off a 87 Monte, my car is a 78 El Camino :mrgreen:

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010
nice they do look good but am thinking to sell my ss mirrors i think the oem look good where they are

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Thanks...Its the Stock All Original matching numbers 305 engine with 350 trans..., I do have the 87 mirrors on mine 80 elko, and I like the way it looks on it....Everyone got on me here about the mirror's being in the wrong place, If thats where the holes go when they first came out then why not leave them there. Its all about keeping it all OG>. FYI, if i were to place them up higher the coner of the mirror will be hitting the glass, plus i would have to repaint my doors to cover up the old holes...etc...etc...etc...I just got it out the body shop.... I love them where they are at and thats where they going to stay....I will take more pics of my mirrors...But ya keep it all orginal and go with the OEM mirrors....

Big Saint

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor