What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
I put Pontiac mud flaps on my GP recently so know everybody knows it's a Pontiac Grand Prix and not a Monte Carlo, or Cutlass. Heehee I guess I should put on the trunk emblem also!
GP_mud_flaps-1.jpg

CUTLASSJESSE

Greasemonkey
Jul 31, 2009
Pecatonica,IL
just finished putting a stage 3 shift kit in my trans and new clutches putting it in today :D and if i have time try to get the gas tank back in it

Gbody

Greasemonkey
Aug 18, 2011
California
I cut and mounted my cowl scoop on my hood, got some 22'' rims for dirt cheap, and got some bucket seats from picknpull this weekend... im thinking about getting those GNX fender vents...

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
put in new callipers and a master brake cylinder.... then installed a rear sway bar I got from a GTA Trans Am

Gbody

Greasemonkey
Aug 18, 2011
California
I hear the blazer calipers fit gbody stock rotors.. Is that true? If so what year works?

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Gbody said:
I hear the blazer calipers fit gbody stock rotors.. Is that true? If so what year works?

yes you can find blazer calipers that will fit the gbody spindle but they are the exact same as the gbody units. If you are looking for a braking upgrade using Blazer parts you will need 1998-2003 Blazer 2wd spindles as they come with dual piston calipers.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I put in the new head-unit I picked up from a freind. Kenwood KDC-891. I must be getting old beacuse I actually had to read the manual to figure how to set up the time and radio presets. :oops: The USB connector makes the 2 cases of CD's I have pretty well useless now.

Gbody

Greasemonkey
Aug 18, 2011
California
axisg said:
Gbody said:

yes you can find blazer calipers that will fit the gbody spindle but they are the exact same as the gbody units. If you are looking for a braking upgrade using Blazer parts you will need 1998-2003 Blazer 2wd spindles as they come with dual piston calipers.

Thanks, I will but hitting the junk yard this weekend..

Max Headroom

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2011
Unfortunately, today I roasted my engine. I went to buy some ethanol free gas for my lawn tractor (boy am I getting to be an old f****r) and took my toy to play on the way there and back. Coming away from getting the gas I decided to have a mini Bar-B-Q and roast the tires a little. Every thing ran fine until about 4 mile later when my poor baby coughed a couple of times, spit and then quit. I threw neutral and coasted to a stop in front of a daquri shop (thank God) and called a tow truck.

I haven't had time to open her up but I know that I snapped my brand new double roller timing chain. How many brand new valves I broke (and who knows what else) I won't know till I get an afternoon to open her up and cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor