What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch_Grabwell

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2007
Millbury, Mass.
Bought a set of black leather buckets seats from a '06 GTO. Looking forward to some maddening fabrication while getting them to fit a G-body. I should have a picture tomorrow.

1980PontiacWagon

Greasemonkey
Mar 23, 2011
got my new driveshaft...mounted up a set of 275 60 15 drag radials and went racing today..suspension needs a lot of tuning, so does the carb..but I ran a new personal best of 7.93..1/8 mile

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
Just got done replacing the rear frame rails on the cutlass. I had been putting it off for a good 4 yrs. lol.

redboy504

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2010
New Orleans, LA
442_7.5ltr said:
Painted the backs of my new seats. Hung my doors, put the trunk on and did a little wiring.

You a Jay-Z fan?

Geed_up_442

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
You a Jay-Z fan?

Not my style but he's got a few i'll listen to! Funny thing is I didn't know it was one of his songs till i googled the word "cashmere thoughts" the same day i posted that.

On another note i've been trying to get the car safe to drive to the music shop hopefully saturday. this morning i finished wiring my train horn switch, trunk pop, and an on/off switch for my compressor to where i can just drop my center console in and plug everthing to the switches. I've still got to re-thread one of my transmission mount holes,rtv the mr gasket water neck, and tighten rear control arms once i set my pinion angle.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I was going to double check my timing cause my set up on my distributor was not reacting like I thought it would...so I locked out my distributor and set up the timing gun to make sure I had 34º advance but my timing gun decided to not work any more. It was working yesterday but now I'm looking for a new gun. The old gun was a cheap one that I've had for about a decade so I can't complain... 8)

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I found out I need a new left rear brake cylinder after discovering a random puddle below my tire. This sh*t is just adding up too quick :x When I parked it in November everything worked. Now I have no brake lights, no wipers, passenger side window wont go all the way down, and now my rear brake cylinder is leaking like crazy. Wheres the fun in this "hobby" :lol:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
other than the wheel cylinder don't try to fix the other problems just yet. Each spring problems with electrical show up but give a few days they seem to correct themselves. I had all brake lites working but when a friend brought the car back from a little spin I had one bulb on the right side for brake lites. The right side is fed by the left so there had to be power going to at least one left side light. I took them apart and couldn't find any problems and they all worked when I put it back together. My parking lite right front finally starting working today...

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
pontiacgp said:
other than the wheel cylinder don't try to fix the other problems just yet. Each spring problems with electrical show up but give a few days they seem to correct themselves. I had all brake lites working but when a friend brought the car back from a little spin I had one bulb on the right side for brake lites. The right side is fed by the left so there had to be power going to at least one left side light. I took them apart and couldn't find any problems and they all worked when I put it back together. My parking lite right front finally starting working today...
Well the brake lights havent worked since around christmas time but they worked when I parked it about a month and half before then. The only way I found out was when I moved it into the garage my buddy asked me if I knew about my brake lights being out. I checked the bulbs, checked the wires and I cant find any obvious problems so im hoping its a $14 brake light switch. I have given up on the wiper motor and im lost on the window because theres no binding or anything. I just wanna drive it already

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor