Status
Not open for further replies.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
pontiacgp said:
can't you bump the 44 on?
Nope. This March bracket setup is worthless. If I didnt pitch the reciept I would have sent it back. I have fought it long enough to just go to manual steering and be done. If anyone is willing to trade a manual box for a GN "Z" box, remanufactured saginaw pump and new pressure line I would seriously take it into consideration at this point.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
pontiacgp said:
no way you can get a serpentine set up?
That was my plan but I cant find a complete setup and cant justify spending $400+ on a belt setup of all things. Everyone I know with v belts never has issues but I have been fighting this thing since I got it 3 years ago now. Before I was adjusting them every month so I decided to go with a good aftermarket setup. I had a 44 5/8ths belt that fit and didnt squeak until about 10 minutes of driving.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
put in the alpine 5 channel amp in place of the 2 amps to make room for a battery up on the ledge in the trunk,removed the one in the engine compartment and installed an 18 lbs battery in the trunk..

Kinetik-Batteries-KR2412-rw-64849-76637.jpg

1984 Regal 327

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 4, 2011
out cruising around today , going up a hill i heard a loud snap from underneath the car and car lost momentum i had my foot on the gas and it was going nowhere so it was nothing with the engine , so had to coast it backwards down the hill to get to a safe spot to pull over to inspect, looked underneath didn't find anything broken , i'm thinking i broke something in the rear end, then had to see my car on a tow truck for the first time.

Kwik_Cutty88

Royal Smart Person
Nov 22, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
This weekend me and my dad finished installing my new system. Sounds pretty damn good for only spending $100, and not to mention the Subwoofer and amps are 24 years old!

37123a29.jpg

I washed and vacumed it out today.

chevy76monteman

Greasemonkey
Oct 9, 2006
Portland, Oregon, USA
Today I decided, since my engine STILL isn't done getting fixed from my screw up, I'm going to pull out the seats and console so I can tear out the old moldy carpet and prep for a new carpet kit. Got the seats out. Go to work on the console, go to take the top plastic plate off and it cracked by the shifter. I figured no big deal, because it broke where you wouldn't be able to tell when you put it back in. Took both pieces out, unbolted the rear console bolts from the floor, moved to the passenger side to work at the front with better access since the steering wheel wasn't in the way. I climb in, get my foot caught on the seat belt and into the console I went, breaking it and cutting my knee. :blam:

So if anybody has a complete, good used, gray center console from a 1981-1987 Grand Prix (for the four speed auto), let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor