What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Found a problem which has been dodging me for a couple of weeks. My car had a twitch which I could not figure out. It would seem the rear end was loose and the car would seemingly move sideways a bit. I had changed the rear shocks and the idler arm which seemed to improve the handling but it still had a twitch at highway speeds. So I put it up on a lift today to check out the rear which is nice and tight and could not find anything up front so I decided to take the front end apart and cut another 1/4 coil off the springs. I inspected all the parts and everything looked fine until I was putting the spring back on the driver's side and I noticed the ball joint itself was moving I have tall lower ball joints which are shimmed and spot welded in place. The welding had broke on the driver's which went unnoticed when the car is up in the air but when on the ground the ball joint would move causing the twitch. It's nice an tight now and it handles like it should on the highway.

1984 Cutlass

Apprentice
Mar 12, 2012
Bloomington Minnesota
Installed my new 442 center caps and had my f41 sway bar put in with new energy suspension links and bracket bushings. Handles way better now!

trocutlass63

Greasemonkey
Aug 26, 2011
Metro Detroit
Gave it a badly needed tune up, now I still need to do a radiator flush, touch up the paint and give her a good wash to be ready for Woodward on Saturday 8)

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
trocutlass63 said:
Gave it a badly needed tune up, now I still need to do a radiator flush, touch up the paint and give her a good wash to be ready for Woodward on Saturday 8)
I wish I could make it to Woodward but I got work. You still going to UNOH?

trocutlass63

Greasemonkey
Aug 26, 2011
Metro Detroit
-83MONTESS- said:
trocutlass63 said:
Gave it a badly needed tune up, now I still need to do a <a class="vglnk" title="Link added by VigLink" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=radiator"><span>radiator</span></a> flush, touch up the paint and give her a good wash to be ready for Woodward on Saturday 8)
Yeah I'm there till February '14

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
trocutlass63 said:
-83MONTESS- said:
trocutlass63 said:
Gave it a badly needed tune up, now I still need to do a <a class="vglnk" title="Link added by VigLink" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=radiator"><span>radiator</span></a> flush, touch up the paint and give her a good wash to be ready for Woodward on Saturday 8)
Yeah I'm there till February '14
Damn, I been here for 2 years and have 1 to go

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I adjusted the valve lash using GM's instructions for the cam, you adjust 4 valves at a time and turn the engine 180º to adjust the next 4.. engine is quieter and smoother.. :) then I dropped the gas tank cause it was leaking and found that a 4 year old gas tank on a car that is not driven in the winter can still rust out, thank you china...I was able to repair it for now so I installed it and will pick up a new tank Monday....then I replaced my tubular uppers, I modified them to 7" but that was too short so I finally got around to putting in the 8" uppers, which turned out to be too long so I took them out and cut 1/2" out of them, welded them back together and reinstalled them..glad this day is over and the beer is tasting real good

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
Well, its a day late, and it took much more than a day, but my new to me 3.08 posi rear is in my cutlass. It was a nightmare most of the way, including having my daily driver break down the one week my backup car is in pieces... :owned:

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
I painted and installed my new 5 groove GM STOCK pulley set up, much more reliable, very please..

801CBAF8-8773-45D5-BE5F-AA1C7CC5D8D3-1129-000000D9DB84A23A.jpg

C8850170-3561-4A01-946F-9C8063E2C9BE-1129-000000D9E85A9D0E.jpg

Thanks LAX-RATED!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor