What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennyboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
Minnesota
drove the car to work to use the scope to do a quick tune. finished up installing my console after. Were ready for this weekend for back to the 50's nights!!

MonteCarloCrazy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Everyday I play around in or outside of the car. Today I discovered that nearly the entire left side of my floor is rotted out :rant: . I'm really clueless as to how I should handle the situation but I hope it doesn't cost an arm and a leg

dottelife

Apprentice
Jan 19, 2013
kansas city kansas
Started to rip the top off to find out when I had it put on in 98 they used screws to put the trim and the humps under the top now I got more things to take care of.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    968.6 KB · Views: 513

rebelgtp

Master Mechanic
Mar 5, 2009
La Grande OR
Yanked off the aluminum hood (damn that thing is LIGHT), started pulling the lines from the diesel engine getting it ready to be pulled, drained the radiator, blew 30+ years worth of crap out of the vents and started cleaning up the 403 that will be going in it.

rebelgtp

Master Mechanic
Mar 5, 2009
La Grande OR
DRIVEN said:
^^^Where has this guy been?^^^
oh finished up school including writing a 35 page senior thesis. working full time getting caught in the lay offs and now looking for work and doing some side work installing monitoring systems in a farmers field to measure soil saturation levels. I still need a double hump crossmember but then I should have every last part I need to get on the road. Crap just remembered I should rebuild my carb as well. Going to try and finish getting the engine ready to pull this week and work on the rear end.

Krazy Kracker

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 11, 2013
Osceola IN
Blacktiger355 said:
Pulled my battery tray out, wire wheeled off the rust, and primed it for paint. Was looking nasty after 12 years of sitting.

I like the "stance" of the car. Any info on tire size, springs, or is that a shadowdonkey secrete?
I don't like the clearance I got with the oil pan i chose. The higher the better..

Gbody

Greasemonkey
Aug 18, 2011
California
pulled the parts out my closet to start my rear-end and realize it was time to go to work lol maybe next time

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor