What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunAwayNJ

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2012
Ocean County, NJ
Saturday went to the Vintage Automobile Museums car show on Long Beach Island, NJ. It was a nice day, a few gbodies were there. A 70's monte carlo even got a trophy.

Today (Sunday) I started to clean and paint the trunk to get ready for the new carpet and custom stuff I am going to (attempt) to build. Usually I am terrible with measuring and laying out stuff, but I got a hold of some cardboard boxes and flattened them out. I'll lay them down, cut them and make templates from them and transpose that over to the wood and actual carpet. When I am done I hope to have a very nicely detailed trunk with speaker cabinets, LED lighting, and a new twist to the displays seen at car shows. It's ambitious but I think I can git 'er done.

Attachments

• 1084496_10201894392386151_1013807109_o.jpg
    1084496_10201894392386151_1013807109_o.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 624

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
Well today I created a bit of carnage. Went out for Test-n-Tune and she hooked a little too hard.... Kinda of a ah sh*t.... Way Cool moment....

Attachments

• Carnage1.JPG
    Carnage1.JPG
    280.1 KB · Views: 585
  • Carnage2.JPG
    Carnage2.JPG
    367.5 KB · Views: 588
  • Carnage3.JPG
    Carnage3.JPG
    196.6 KB · Views: 580
  • Carnage4.JPG
    Carnage4.JPG
    225.8 KB · Views: 577

Gbarrie

Master Mechanic
Sep 15, 2012
CWPottenger said:
Well today I created a bit of carnage. Went out for Test-n-Tune and she hooked a little too hard.... Kinda of a ah sh*t.... Way Cool moment....
OOPS :wink:
Gbarrie.

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
revved my engine at a souped up mustang gave him the signal and he was game . Light turned green and he punched it and i just took off slow and turned at my street lol . made him waste his gas for nothing lol . i thought it was funny

rangertom

Greasemonkey
Sep 2, 2012
Independence, MO
Replaced the turn signal switch, was hoping it would solve the weird running light issue on drivers side but no luck... just gonna have to do some wiring I guess

rebelgtp

Master Mechanic
Mar 5, 2009
La Grande OR
So far today did a little rust removal and started prepping the rear axel I am swapping in. Aside from that been cleaning up the shop more getting ready for the engine swap and for moving the Invicta in.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Changed the gear oil in my 67 rear end with Quaker State synthetic and my eaton posi hates it. Went to pick up my rockers and after about an hour and half drive the rear end almost seemed like a spool going slow around a corner. Guess I'll be switching out that $22 a quart oil and put some Amsoil in it tomorrow

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Got out there again last night to finish getting the paint of the DS quarter panel off the Buick

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
dottelife said:
My girl ripped my vinyl top off to find a mess. They used self tappers and metal screws. Now my tops a lil rusty. Gots to find a good body shop now.
getting ready to rip the busted vynil off mine soon... kinda afraid to see what's under there....

did get out today, a customer of mine had called me last week, and let me know that he was gettin ready send a cutlass to the crusher, and asked me if I needed anything off of it. went out today and almost felt guilty gettin parts... was almost to nice to crush, but it did give up a door, rear bumper and cover, taillights and several different pieces of trim... tried offering him a bit of cash, and he refused to take anything. then we had to check out his 914 project car with the twin turbo'd suby engine! :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor