What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepcsurgeon

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2013
Orange County, NY
It Never ends.......Driving around today and had a weird hesitation during idle at lights. Slow throttle response. Changed the oil today ( not Related ) and decided to look at the fuel filter. GOOD THING!! Check out these pictures of the debris I found. Looks like the foam from the fuel cell is breaking down.....Fuel cell only 2 years old. Leaves not included in pictures 3.

Attachments

• IMG_5751.jpg
    IMG_5751.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 478
  • IMG_5756.jpg
    IMG_5756.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 473
  • IMG_5759.jpg
    IMG_5759.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 468

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
thepcsurgeon said:
It Never ends.......Driving around today and had a weird hesitation during idle at lights. Slow throttle response. Changed the oil today ( not Related ) and decided to look at the fuel filter. GOOD THING!! Check out these pictures of the debris I found. Looks like the foam from the fuel cell is breaking down.....Fuel cell only 2 years old. Leaves not included in pictures 3.

Who's fuel cell is it?

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
thepcsurgeon said:
Mine for now......soon to be scrap and a pile of melted summit racing plastic.

Lol, I meant who made but that answered it for me. Got mine from Summit as well. Now I know when to start expecting my foam to break down.

thepcsurgeon

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2013
Orange County, NY
Should never happen. Coupled with the top concaving, a real POS. Very disappointed. Jaz told me its a Chinese version, not from their source. Good thing I had a aero motive fuel filter.. Any other filter would have clogged a long time ago and rendered me stuck somewhere.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
thepcsurgeon said:
Should never happen. Coupled with the top concaving, a real POS. Very disappointed. Jaz told me its a Chinese version, not from their source. Good thing I had a aero motive fuel filter.. Any other filter would have clogged a long time ago and rendered me stuck somewhere.

I wouldn't say never. The foam breaks down, just hoped it would last a little longer than that.

thepcsurgeon

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2013
Orange County, NY
jrm81bu said:
thepcsurgeon said:

I wouldn't say never. The foam breaks down, just hoped it would last a little longer than that.
I have had other cell foams last 7 years or more. And others claimed 10 years. I must have had pillow stuffing as foam. Going to pull the new filter out today and see what appears next.

Nov 4, 2012
Wire wheeled my new-to-me F41 rear sway bar, and beadblasted my exhaust hangers. Tomorrow, I'm gonna clean up my front F41 sway bar, and the brackets to it, and well as the spacers and bolts for the rear bar. Then I'll probably take a trip to autozone and get a can of high heat matte black paint, new front sway bar bushings, and new end links, and paint everything and bolt it all on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor