• IMG_20160522_151020.jpg
    IMG_20160522_151020.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 166

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
papabearxl: look for a water neck with an O-ring, they seal much better than the traditional ones, ESPECIALLY the chrome versions

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I put the new red top battery in that I bought the other day, it fits nice on the ledge in the truck and picked up a 4th gen camaro center console which should fit better then the console I have now...

Reactions: 1 users

badwoogie

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 24, 2016
Clarksville, TN
Replaced the broken speedo driven gear in the transmission, so now I know how fast I'm going! :) Also ripped out all the old weather stripping in the t-tops, found a nasty surprise...rust all through the header panel. :( Was hoping to get started building the 403 I'm gonna drop into it some day, but that's definitely gonna have to wait on more funds now...

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
View attachment 51051 View attachment 51052 View attachment 51053 View attachment 51054 View attachment 51055 View attachment 51056 Good news is I installed my dual fans, to the shroud and all to the new radiator, and got it mounted in the car. Bad news is that upon firing the car back up and filling back up with coolant, my thermostat housing is leaking (I just put this new one on last week in preparation for the radiator install); this is the 3rd time in as many attempts that the housing has leaked. First was with a chrome (junk) water neck, Felpro gasket and no sealer, 2nd attempt was with chrome water neck, Felpro gasket and sealer (Permatex), and the third was with the new OE housing form Fusick's, with Felpro gasket and Permatex...I've never had a problem with the housing leaking before, and I know everyone has a differing opinion as to whether or not to use a gasket sealer/maker..but I've done it both ways, with two different housings, all on a new Performer RPM intake....I wouldn't think the surface is gouged, and I don't think I've over-torqued the bolts causing any warping.....but I am at my wit's end. Just something else to deal with, I guess.
The one time I used a gasket it leaked. Pulled it back off and cleaned the surfaces and installed without gasket and Permatex and have never used a gasket since.

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
Took the car out for a drive today. After working on it for the last month or so I finally got my chevelle 3.31 geared 12 bolt in with all new UMI rear suspension components and Viking double adjustable shocks. Also installed LS1 brakes all the way around. IROC Z steering box and 34 mm hollow sway bar in also. New 17x8 and 17x9 AR wheels with 245/45 and 255/45 Nitto NT555's. Love the ride height. Car rides pretty darn good too. I was surprised. Will snap a pic or two after work tomorrow if I remember.

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
QUOTE="455'ed80Regal, post: 506382, member: 7719"]The one time I used a gasket it leaked. Pulled it back off and cleaned the surfaces and installed without gasket and Permatex and have never used a gasket since.[/QUOTE]
Hmmm...I've heard of using just a gasket (and tried) but never of just Permatex...I've tried everything else so why not? I'll give it a try.

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
pontiacgp post: 506250 said:
I put the new red top battery in that I bought the other day, it fits nice on the ledge in the truck and picked up a 4th gen camaro center console which should fit better then the console I have now...
Have a yellow top In the Olds for a while and have been happy with the cranking power and how it keeps itself good in storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor