What mufflers to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

85Oldsmobile

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 27, 2010
Freeland, MI 48623
I just pulled the stock 307 out of my 83 Hurst and put in a 383 stroker with 350 turbo. My plan is to convert it back to original in few years as I take my time to go through the 307 and 200r4. With that being said I put headman headers on and going with 2.5" exhaust. My question is what muffler is going to give it a nice deep rumble, not so loud that I can't drive it around and enjoy it but loud enough to turn heads? :lol: 2 or 3 chamber mufflers? and any suggestions on brands?

Thanks

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
I certainly do hope you put the OD transmission and Olds engine back in ( though not necessarily the 307... ).

Muffler sound is all subjective and they will all sound different depending on various factors. With that being said, it sounds to me something like the Aerochamber's would suit your needs.

84sbcregal23deg

Apprentice
Jan 6, 2011
Long island, NY
DoubleV said:
I certainly do hope you put the OD transmission and Olds engine back in ( though not necessarily the 307... ).

Muffler sound is all subjective and they will all sound different depending on various factors. With that being said, it sounds to me something like the Aerochamber's would suit your needs.

x2 on the muffler suggestion! they sound awesome!

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
24 inch Glass packs....awesome!

1984 Regal 327

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 4, 2011
i got magnaflows on my 84 regal , sounds really good

pacman350

Apprentice
Jun 5, 2012
monticello, Ga
flowmaster super 44 will give you the deepest rumble you ever heard not dat loud but they have a deep enough rumble that will hear you comming but not the glass shaking loud but the ground trembling deep bass. and ran them for years on my 85 monte but i went back to being loud with the 40 series on my now 84 cutlass

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
I just switched from the Summit Turbo mufflers to the Dynomax Ultra Flo welded mufflers...Love 'em 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor