BudsJLM

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 30, 2009

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Awesome to hear!

Came to that realization after I posted, insert facepalm here,
Don’t feel bad one of the first engines I did many moons ago I thought there was something special about them. And then when I was working at the machine shop I realized the kits that were coming in had just regular bolts.

Reactions: 1 user

BudsJLM

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 30, 2009
Went to work on it last weekend and realized I’m at the point I need a few key things to get it together, unfortunately not anything that is here… so only got the timing set on and set the rockers

Cloyes double roller I picked up many years ago that has been just floating around in my monte
IMG_3678.jpeg

I’m like sweet toss the oil pump on, put the pan on dangit missing the pump drive

can’t put the pan on till I get the timing cover on which I want one that isn’t roached like the one that was on there

IMG_3683.jpeg

Header bolts and oil pan bolts where truely the only ones I needed to buy but I want pretty too

header bolts well normal head bolt won’t work and the oil pan I’m using the one piece felpro gasket so I need longer and then I don’t have to fight the socket between the pan and the bolt head

Collector gaskets I’m like hell $10 at my local orielly why not rang up for $7 even better! Worth trying aluminum ones for that price! Maybe they won’t blow out in a month like most do

Plan this weekend is get motor and associated parts to my work paint them and order last few thing I can thing of(there is always more than ya think)

Reactions: 3 users

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
1 tip on the lock plates. I know the plate has the hole for the pin, but we would routinely turn the plate to cover the pin which would prevent the pin from backing out.

Reactions: 2 users

BudsJLM

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 30, 2009
Loaded up last night and painted this evening

IMG_3686.jpeg

IMG_3689.jpeg

IMG_3690.jpeg

Can’t help but get excited!

Reactions: 5 users

BudsJLM

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 30, 2009
IMG_3710.jpeg

Timing cover, timing pointer, balancer put on
IMG_3712.jpeg

Intake installed
IMG_3714.jpeg

Oil pump drive, high volume pump, new pick up, pan all buttoned up
IMG_3713.jpeg

Soon!

Electric Water pump, powerstreering and alt brackets will probably be the next thing to get ordered,

Reactions: 2 users

-dw-

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2021
Central MN
Best so far is 11.48 @ 63mph in the 1/8th mile hoping jack can take home some hardware this weekend

Cool project! Dont go too wild. Soon youll have to buy wheelie bars and have to fill up the tank with VP.

Ive been to Grove Creek a few times since 01. I cant cut a light there for nothing. lol. Been lots of fun anyway.

BudsJLM

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 30, 2009
Cool project! Dont go too wild. Soon youll have to buy wheelie bars and have to fill up the tank with VP.

Ive been to Grove Creek a few times since 01. I cant cut a light there for nothing. lol. Been lots of fun anyway.
Baby cam, 305 heads on the 350 she won’t be pushing too much power but done by design since he is running jr street can only run 9.0 or slower

Only times I have been down the track was in a golf cart or in the passenger seat with him, talk about not cutting a light 1+second with the golf cart 🤣

Kid has the tree pretty dialed in usually .0somthing

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor