Working on the wagon..

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if you don't have the bumper attached to the reinforcement can you get it to sit where or close to where you want it?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
pontiacgp said:
if you don't have the bumper attached to the reinforcement can you get it to sit where or close to where you want it?
Steve,
I'm sure without the bumper attached to the reinforcement bar I could pretty much put it where I want it, but that's supporting it on jack stands. I suppose I could've used a cut down version of the reinforcement bar primarily to attach the bumper.
I almost thought of doing it that way, but I still like the idea of having the reinforcement bar there. Even though it's not protected as well as with the bumper pulled out and having the energy absorbers fully extended.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Looking good Jack...really like the look of the smooth and tucked rear bumper!! Nice work!

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks Kevin,
It still needs alittle more help, but I'll get there eventually... :? I'd like it a little closer to the body. Hopefully when I can achieve that, I'll post more pics.

Ringers

Greasemonkey
Dec 7, 2011
Nice job on the bumper mod, (Jack?) It's my first day on this site, glad I stumbled on it!!- Matt Ringer

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks Matt!
You can call me Jack. Yeah, it's a work in progress...or an on going project.
I'm glad you found the site. There's quite a few wagon guys on board, and a few additions lately.
Good to have you here. Don't be a stranger. :wink:

Jack

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Worked on the bumper/ mounts to get it to fit closer to the body.
And got a little creative with a sheet of red plexiglass...old school custom taillight lenses. :wink:
I know..no back-up lights...oh well.
Also installed a CS130 alternator to replace my old 12si low output unit. I figured I'd get that done before installing electric fans.
MVC-803S.jpg

MVC-807S.jpg

MVC-808S.jpg

jmt455

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
SE Michigan
That's looking good!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
How did you do it??...you did more than just tuck it up closer to the tailgate, you have an even gap between the tailgate and the bumper..it looks fantastic..

Before
MVC-777S-1.jpg

Now
MVC-808S.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor