Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
oranGekrate said:
Longroof79 said:
oranGekrate said:
Man that sure looks nice.

Sent from Tapatalk using a flame thrower
Thanks Charlie!
I looked for that power steering pipe/ fitting for you, but they were chopped off pieces..a little too short. I think a junkyard trip might be the solution.
Thanks Jack, I assume this would be something a shop that makes hydraulic hoses could make for me. I need to have an a/c hose made up for my Blazer anyhow, so maybe I'll knock out two items on my long list at the same time.
I'm really diggin your wagon Jack. Love everything about it. The wheel/tire/cap combo is too cool, great job... As much work as you put into the bumpers they look better than stock, but I'm still not a fan of these bumpers. It's as if taillights were an after thought on the design table. Nothing personal, I have the same fugly bumpers also :mrgreen:
If ever I were to actually do a build to my wagon(never will happen)I would graft in 66 gto lights into the bumper, or maybe some cougar taillights that go tic tic tic :roll:

Thanks again Charlie.
I didn't even think about a hydraulic hose shop. I think that might be the answer. You're right about the taillights. They could have been a better design. They don't look great, but they're functional. I highly recommend a 3rd brake light, with the taillights down low, you need something higher up to catch the eye of the person behind you. At least with the Euro taillights, you can see the amber turnsignals plain as day.

ssbrewskyaz

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2010
New River, Arizona
Car looks great Jack. I love the simplicity of the dog dish hubcaps. Back in the day, I wouldn't have touched them with the proverbial ten foot pole and yet today, they're one of my favorite wheel choices. At the rate I'm going, you guys will all be burning gas before I burn a drop of E85.

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :wink: ...Scott, ...

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thank you Scott.
I also like the simplicity of the steel wheels and dog dish caps. You're right, back in the day most people tossed them in the trash in favor for a set of mags or chrome reversed wheels.
I had a nice set of '62 Chevy caps that came off of my dad's '62 Belair. Well, they went the way of the wind.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
EdontheBeach said:
looks great! right now I'm especially envious of the panel gaps.....

Thank you Ed,
Like we discussed. You just have to find a "happy" medium...although not always happy, but you have to draw the line somewhere.
My gaps aren't 100% perfect either. That's where the blacked out pillars and window frames help out. I tried to do the best I could.
I did re-do my hinge pins and bushings, which does help.
The driver side wasn't as bad as the right side. These cars weren't built to precision...you just have to keep that in mind or you'll lose it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor