12" LS1 Brakes Came In

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
Got my brakes in today and are looking good. They are LS1 twin piston calipers made to fit a g-body spindle. Best part about this setup is that it was very affordable compared to the name brand kits - plus I get to keep the stock geometry with the g-body spindle. Now I just have to track down some nice slotted 12" rotors and I'll be set.

582.jpg

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
deja vu!!!
seriously though it looks cool. let us know how it works.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I wonder if that caliper bracket and hub would work with B body spindles?

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
79LT1Monte said:
Looks like a slick kit, who makes it?

A guy off the TurboBuick site make the kit for me. I'll pass along his info when I hear back from him if you're interested.

85 Cutlass Brougham said:
I wonder if that caliper bracket and hub would work with B body spindles?

What's the point? 1LE's are already 12" brakes. I wouldn't run a b-body spindle... not worth the trade off with the bumpsteer, weight and steering track IMO.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
that set up is going to look real nice....is that going to limit you as to the wheel you can run, meaning will a 15" wheel still have clearance with the larger rotor and the caliper?

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
andrewmp6 said:
They look nice about how much was they.

$500 + shipping. Which is cheap compared to a 12" Baer g-body kit that runs $1200.

pontiacgp said:
that set up is going to look real nice....is that going to limit you as to the wheel you can run, meaning will a 15" wheel still have clearance with the larger rotor and the caliper?

15" wheels wont clear the setup.... 16's might, but 17's will no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor