07 monte interior swap to 87 monte

Status
Not open for further replies.

tummy5151

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 18, 2010
i know the seats and center console can already be fitted into my monte. just need to know can the doors and dash be fitted as well. if not what kind of doors and dash would be the next best option for my 87 monte. i just want the new car look..help

[email protected]

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2009
Wisconsin
I think that going to the junkyard with a tape measure is the best place to start.
Get you answer's right off the car you intend to use.
I don't mean to sound like a dick.

Reactions: 1 user

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
aren't new Montes a consideribly smaller vehicle? I am going to say there is a 0.0001 percent chance that door panels and dash fit without SERIOUS re-engineering. In fact i bet just putting in teh seats will involve creativity.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
The seats and console shouldn't be too bad, but the rest will not work. It would be best to have the current stuff repainted and reupholstered to look more modern.

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
I'm not even sure how well the console will fit .... rwd versus fwd .... you got a big hump to overcome - literally.

gotmonte

Apprentice
May 24, 2009
I really want a modern confortable leather interior in my 85 Monte SS but I dont know what interior works. I dont want to have to fab up a lot of stuff. I just want to bolt the suckers in. Does anyone know if the modern monte can swap the sweats into the 85 monte?

I know the OP has an 87 and I dont mean to hijack your thread pal. I am sorry. But this seemed too good of a Thread not to ask this question.

gbodyera

Greasemonkey
Dec 10, 2009
Miami,FL/ DET,MI
If you ask me. A good choice for Chevy's are the Cobalt SS, Impala SS seats. I havent seen the Monte interior. but heres how the cobalt seats are. I plan on picking these up for a Cutlass I have. Im making it yellow just like my Monte.

32379290011_medium.jpg

gotmonte

Apprentice
May 24, 2009
gbodyera said:
If you ask me. A good choice for Chevy's are the Cobalt SS, Impala SS seats. I havent seen the Monte interior. but heres how the cobalt seats are. I plan on picking these up for a Cutlass I have. Im making it yellow just like my Monte.

32379290011_medium.jpg

does that fit in a monte? More importantly, an 85 monte ss? I am looking for an interior and that would be perfect!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor