07 monte interior swap to 87 monte

Status
Not open for further replies.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
I doubt it.

I'm not a fan of the modern consoles in a G-body because most of them are too curvy looking. They just don't flow well with the rest of the car.

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
It's not a direct fit, but 3rd-gen F-Body consoles look fairly era-correct, and run all the way up to the dash unlike Monte Carlo/Malibu/El Camino consoles (Cutlass/Regal/Grand Prix/LeMans consoles are full length).

gotmonte

Apprentice
May 24, 2009
I know a guy who is willing to sell me a set of ebony TA seats (fronts) in good condition.

Now youre SURE this will fit if I just swap the seat brackets?

Not trying to doubt or question you. I just dont want to spend money to find out it didnt work, is all.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
These are pics of my seat with the G-body tracks attached:

seattrack.jpg

seattrack2.jpg

From there it bolted directly in place on my '87.

gotmonte

Apprentice
May 24, 2009
Thank you very much for the pictures! And the 85 is the same as the 87 in regards to the fitment?

T-TOP TONY

Master Mechanic
Jun 13, 2008
san bernardino, ca
heres some pics of the firebird seats in my monte, im working on the rears too.

87ss007.jpg

87ss008.jpg

rearseats001.jpg

rearseats003-1.jpg

rearseats002.jpg

pimplogic

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
TTOP TONY does that door panel say "CUTLASS SUPREME"? lol so why are there two power switches on the door panel anyway? also what kinda rear seats are those would make an excellent 2+2 :mrgreen:

T-TOP TONY

Master Mechanic
Jun 13, 2008
san bernardino, ca
Doober said:
I could see a custom console contoured to match the front, with cupholders :D

trust me thats in the drawing board im not usinf that grand prix console no more. My friend is just gonna make me one from the front to the back

T-TOP TONY

Master Mechanic
Jun 13, 2008
san bernardino, ca
pimplogic said:
TTOP TONY does that door panel say "CUTLASS SUPREME"? lol so why are there two power switches on the door panel anyway? also what kinda rear seats are those would make an excellent 2+2 :mrgreen:

Yes it does those are cutlass door panels i had a SS emblem over that but it fell off. The reason theirs 2 power switches its cause one is for the window and one for the lock, let me guess you have roll up windows? lol. The rear seats are from a 2000 pontiac firebird

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor