Furtrader

Master Mechanic
Jan 5, 2006
Ottawa,Ontario,Canada
I just found this picture.
I absolutely LOVE this Buick!!
I think it is stunning!

Buick Wildcat

Buick’s Wildcat is part of the American car franchise’s “renaissance” - whether or not it will breath new life into the fading manufacturer’s popularity is yet to be seen, showing off the Wildcat’s 4.4L Supercharged V8 engine at the Motor Show will surely grab some attention.

We’ve also heard circulating rumors of a possible T-Top edition (crosses fingers). The classic Riviera back end is also appealing, but watch out for the approximate $60k price tag. Could this be the end of Buick’s “cars your grandparents drive” phase?

08WildcatfromParisAutoShow.jpg

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
I like it. They should do it. Only problem I see in the pictures.... three portholes????? Hummmmm

phaZe

Greasemonkey
Aug 16, 2008
That's a sweet looking car, but most concepts as of late haven't made it past the concept phase even though they look sweet.

If Buick makes a comeback then Oldsmobile need to as well. A new Cutty would be sweet...especially a T-Top remake of the Cutty with a 442 package just like how Dodge did with the old Challenger and the new one.

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
midwestls said:
I like it. They should do it. Only problem I see in the pictures.... three portholes????? Hummmmm

You're thinking it should be four?

Someone_Much_Cooler

Greasemonkey
Oct 14, 2007
Its nice but why a blown 4.4? What not an ls7/9...now that would make it a real contender!

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
it looks like it's built on the solstice/sky frame. you can fit an ls7 but it'll make it $20k more expensive. i'd actually be happy with a blown v6. that'd keep the front weight down, give it gobs of power and even keep the greenie idiots happy. or for sh*ts and giggles, GM's new 4.5? turbo-diesel v8. :twisted: (yes i know it'd kill the weight balance but 300+hp and 500+tq works for me)

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
oh, the portholes on the fender is a classic buick styling mark, but i don't know how i like the stingray top and rear window/deck.

phaZe

Greasemonkey
Aug 16, 2008
The V6's they have right now can make almost 3 times the power they used to when they got hit by emissions...aka, 3 times more powerful than my car. :(

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
As far as the portholes, yes there should be 4 on each side. Look at the Buick Lucerne, 6cyl=3 on each side 8cyl=4 on each side. And to what was said earlier, unfortunately Oldsmobile can not make a come back, since they seem to no longer be in business :oops: . I know it sucks. Oh yeah, and the gay comment about inlines...well, you need to do some research and a little reading. Remember the Nissan Skyline??? Yeah, I thought so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor