1 7/8" American Racing Headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket

Greasemonkey
Oct 18, 2011
Reserve Mines, NS
Who's running 1 7/8" AHR's in their GBody?
After posting on another forum a couple people said they had to trim the bellhousing but I can't even
get mine up far enough to see if the trans. is going to be an issue. The rear lower control arm brackets
on both side are causing a big interference,
Has anyone else run into this? I've been told they would be a tight fit, but these don't fit and there's no way
i'm taking a hammer to a set of headers I shelled out $1000 for.
I expected these problems with my Flowtech's when i orginally installed them, not with AHR.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
Is it possible that you have to lift the front of the motor (tipping the trans down) and install them :?: I have heard of this before

Rocket

Greasemonkey
Oct 18, 2011
Reserve Mines, NS
I didn't try this yet, was waiting to hear some responses from others first

Rocket

Greasemonkey
Oct 18, 2011
Reserve Mines, NS
After speaking with Nick on the phone (who is fantastic to deal with btw) he's leaning towards being shipped a wrong set of headers. He said he's never run into the issue I described to him before.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Yeah, hopefully you were just sent the wrong set. I bought a set of 1 3/4" headers for my car and they weren't even close to fitting. Found out the 'middle man' place I ordered them through screwed up and told AR I had an older A body instead of a G body, so they sent me the wrong set. Nick took care of the snafu.

P.S. Some have claimed having to file down at least one of the transmission ears even on the 1 3/4" set but I didn't need to do that.

Rocket

Greasemonkey
Oct 18, 2011
Reserve Mines, NS
That's what Nick is leaning towards with mine...being sent an A-body set instead of G-Body.
I've heard from a couple others about the transmission issue.

Rocket

Greasemonkey
Oct 18, 2011
Reserve Mines, NS
I sent a couple pics to Nick and he confirmed that they are A-Body headers.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Good to hear. I saw how you 'complained' about this on ROP too. Why people over there have to be overly hostile for no reason is beyond me. Lots of very knowledgable folks on ROP but too bad so many of them have to be such pricks.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Burnhard

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2010
You need a thick skin when you post on ROP,but there are some that are very helpfull.. I read your post over there it was like some were blaming you that they were not fitting.I'm glad you got it figured out and it had nothing to do with your skills.You said nothing bad about the headers you were just looking for info but thats ROP.I like OP and the G body forum as I have not come across any mega egos. I don't care how fast your car is or how much some one knows the whole point to this hobby is to have fun and enjoy car building with other car guys or girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor