12 bolt rear end

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I would go with these for lowers.

http://umiperformance.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_60_70&products_id=86

The uppers are the correct ones you will need.

these are the ones you need with the spherical joint. UNI didn't have this product when I installed mine so they modified it and put a Roto joint in for me. The reason you need a joint is because the brackets on the A body rear end are closer to the center than the brackets on the G body rear. You won't be able to use the stock sway bar either. I have an F body sway bar in my GP. Here is the reason you need the joint in the 64 to 67 version

Lower axle1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

NorthWestRider

Master Mechanic
Apr 21, 2010
Sorry for all the questions just wanna make sure i get the right parts the first time but what is the difference in the roto joint and the spherical joint noticed they sell both wich one fits best for my needs?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The roto joint which is greasable, you can adjust it if it wears a little, rebuildable if it wears alot and gives you a bit more comfort than the spherical joint which is non greasable and no adjustments if it begins to wear

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor