12's with a 350??

Status
Not open for further replies.
i built my cousin a 355 with flat top 4 eyebrow pistons, stock crank and rods, 2.02 461 casting heads no work, solid lift .525 comp cam, roller rockers, dual plane intake and a 600 holley vaccum secondary carb, 3.73 gears, 2800-3200 stall turbo 350 transmission and went 8.34 in the 1/8th mile. not sure at all the weight of the car but nothing was done to lighten the car. car was built just to sound good and drive on the street with some big rims but turned out really good. if i was able i would post pics but not ssure how to yet.

c_unit productions said:
i built my cousin a 355 with flat top 4 eyebrow pistons, stock crank and rods, 2.02 461 casting heads no work, solid lift .525 comp cam, roller rockers, dual plane intake and a 600 holley vaccum secondary carb, 3.73 gears, 2800-3200 stall turbo 350 transmission and went 8.34 in the 1/8th mile. not sure at all the weight of the car but nothing was done to lighten the car. car was built just to sound good and drive on the street with some big rims but turned out really good. if i was able i would post pics but not ssure how to yet.

8.34=approx 13.06 in 1/4mi. what kind of car is that in. that motor you built is problably a good 300 hp.

i found out last week that the cobra replica wheels i liked so much are now made with a chevy bolt pattern, and sell for $650 no less!!!!!! they even come with chevy center caps, so i will more than likely buy a set for the GP.
CobraReplica.jpg

nice wheels. if you are having to rebuild the 350, it is just as cheap to build a 383.u can buy a stroker kit(with new parts) for a little more than having your used 350 parts machined, and then they are still used. if you have to buy the 350 parts anyway, you might as well build the 383. it i s a much better street motor. and for a 12 sec. street cruiser you dont need any exotic parts in bottom end

a 383 would be great, but i pretty much have the 350 done. I need a carb, a torque converter, and accessories(alt,balancer,water pump) and ill be done.

FLY_THE_BOWTIE said:
c_unit productions said:

8.34=approx 13.06 in 1/4mi. what kind of car is that in. that motor you built is problably a good 300 hp.
its in a 85 buick regal

my other cousin has a 76 nova and we built a 355 with a .100 dome i think it was, 2.02 heads, solid lift 493 513 crane blue racer cam, roller rockers, team g 3/4 raised intake, and a 750 holey double pumper with a 4.56 gear 28" tires it went 12.48 at around 1:00 pm in florida this summer.

D's350GP said:
a 383 would be great, but i pretty much have the 350 done. I need a carb, a torque converter, and accessories(alt,balancer,water pump) and ill be done.

what pistons,heads and cam are you using?

D's350GP said:
how can you drive that on the street with 4.56 gears? i'd end up getting 6mpg!
Its built for the tack. You want to be at the the top end of your gearing when you cross the line. 4.56's are perfect if you want low E/T's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor